- SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
- MICROSOFT CERTIFIED SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- SECRET CLEARANCE
Data Systems Analysts is looking for a SECRET CLEARED System Administrator for an opening in Burlington, NJ. This role supports a 4 DAY Telework schedule. All employees are required to commit to coming only 1 Day in a week for TeamBuilding. The candidate will be part of a technical services team that designs, develops, and supports applications and modules for contract management applications for the US ARMY. Daily tasks will include analyzing and resolving server issues, supporting developers Virtual environments, coordinating scheduled maintenance and server updates, provide ongoing performance tuning and monitoring of the Windows and Linux environments and supporting laptop management and troubleshooting for the local team. The System Administrator will be required to support the customer's infrastructure and will also take a lead in updating and improving it with regards to performance, security, and functionality. Required Skills:
The System Administrator is also expected to be an active member of the team, show initiative to complete assigned tasks with minimal direction, meet or exceed project commitments, and effectively communicate issues and accomplishments to team members and project leads.
Daily tasks will include analyzing and resolving server issues, supporting developers Virtual environments, coordinating scheduled maintenance and server updates, provide ongoing performance tuning and monitoring of the Windows and Linux environments and supporting laptop management and troubleshooting for the local team.
The System Administrator will be required to support the customer's infrastructure and will also take a lead in updating and improving it with regards to performance, security, and functionality.
- Configured and maintained Windows and Linux servers
- Experience with VMware installation and management
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and optimization
- Performed scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of technology upgrades and security patch/software updates
- Supported a variety of server and desktop COTS and GOTS applications
- Ensured servers are in compliance with DoD and ARMY regulations
- Provided management of laptops and hardware support
- Provided administrative support to the servers in accordance with (IAW) applicable Army guidelines to include all necessary server patching and Information Assurance & Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) required maintenance
- Experienced with Army's Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scanning for vulnerabilities.
- Experienced with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), utilizing the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) compliance checker and the DISA STIG viewer.
- Assisted with support of environments and projects supported by the IT department as needed
- Performed ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required Configure CPU, network routing, network interface cards, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Developed and maintain documentation for technical procedures and processes such as System Administration Guides and Backup/Disaster Recovery documents
- Analyzed, resolved, and fixed system issues related to OS Participate in the preparation of procedure manuals and documentation
- Current Microsoft certification (i.e. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) and/or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) for Windows Server
- CompTiaSecurity+ certification
- Have or the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to effectively communicate with different levels of management as well as the business and technical communities.
- Proficiency at working on multiple tasks simultaneously and changing priorities.
- Must have ability to interact and coordinate activities with IT teams and technical managers.
- Background in Acquisition or Government sector
- Cloud migration; experience with AWS environment, AWS Cloud certification(s)
- Familiar with Single-Sign-On SSO and Common Access Card (CAC) authentication
- Experience should include the analysis, design and implementation of network infrastructures, operating systems, databases and enterprise wide business applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar is desired
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our communities, families and employees. With employee health and safety as our top priority DSA is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. DSA will require all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated before their start date and show proof of vaccination on the first day of employment along with all I9 required forms. Approved Waivers are permitted. Any medical records are only to be provided via instruction from HR and with approval from DSA management for any access to customer facilities.