***We are unable to sponsor for this permanent full-time role***
***Position is bonus eligible***
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a Senior Security Applications Infrastructure Engineer. Candidate will use technical guidance and engineering best practices to securely build and scale security applications within the firm's environments. This position requires a blend of functional understanding with technical proficiency to deliver leadership, guidance and innovative solutions to meet the business needs of our organization. The position is responsible for building, maintaining, upgrading, and continuously improving security applications.
- Apply high-level technical expertise and problem-solving skills to maintain and improve the Firm's Security applications. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using routine analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Testing, and deploying security application solutions using various platforms and technologies.
- Implementing and enforcing security policies, standards, and best practices.
- Identifying and mitigating risks and threats to the security application systems.
- Developing new features and enhancements that meet changing security needs.
- Managing and monitoring security applications.
- Providing technical support and guidance to other teams and stakeholders.
- Staying updated with the latest trends and developments in application security.
- Adhere to the Firm s Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Collaborate with professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Utilize SQL query tools to perform frequent data analysis across various systems, providing clear and accurate data to business users.
- Adhere to the Firm s IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting and configuration documentation for administered systems.
- Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the Applications team.
- The Applications Engineer 2 must have a BA/BS in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience with 5+ years experience in cloud computing, security engineering, system administration, or a similar role
- Proficiency in various programming languages, tools, and frameworks used for development and security.
- Knowledge of security concepts, principles, standards, and best practices.
- Familiarity with various cloud platforms and services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience in using security tools and technologies such as IAM, encryption, firewall, VPN, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships. In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Windows Server and Desktop operating system environments.