- product management
Giving everyone in the world access to clean, reliable, affordable energy will require substantial expansion of global electricity transmission networks. VEIR is developing a new generation of High-Temperature Superconductor (HTS)-based transmission lines, enabling long-distance, reliable, low-loss, cost–effective power transfer in far smaller right–of–ways. VEIR’s innovations overcome the main barriers to transmission expansion, enabling the world to access the very lowest-cost renewable power.
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing VEIR’s product processes from conception to launch, working with VEIR’s commercial and engineering teams to link the business and technical aspects of our products. You will work closely with our engineers, marketing, business development team members, and customers to continuously evaluate and improve our existing products and work to innovate additional VEIR products and applications. The ability to think strategically, solve complex problems, and continuously adapt are essential skills for this role to always deliver the best solutions to our customers. VEIR needs a product manager who is excited to work on innovative new hardware technologies and communicate their value and applications to all levels both internally and externally to establish business relationships, market strategies, and collaborative partnerships.
- An excellent communicator. You have the ability to clearly communicate goals, timelines, progress, and risks to all levels – from board members to technical experts – in an organization, both internally and externally.
- A collaborator able to work cross-functionally with different departments, stakeholders, and customers to launch new products and continuously evaluate the performance of existing products.
- Analytical to gather and analyze all available market, product, and technical information to gather new requirements, features, insights, and strategies.
- Able to manage a diverse set of opinions, advice, and recommendations and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Guide the development of VEIR products from concept to launch
- Coordinate commercial and engineering teams along the development and enhancements of products.
- Communicate with customers on a regular basis to gather product performance feedback, gather industry research, perform product A/B testing, and more.
- Support and brief VEIR management in product market strategies, risks, opportunities, and issues
- Support the company’s strategic visions and growth to deliver on the mission of decarbonization
- Comply with safety standards and Company guidelines
- Promote safety, efficiency, teamwork, and collaboration
- The position requires someone who is highly motivated and organized with project management, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing products and the product development process for startup organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate goals, findings, and issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; self-motivated and directed
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited course of study in Business, Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical), or Project Management
- Direct product management experience specifically in hardware products for startup organizations and building product management processes
- 5+ years of experience in customer interactions, support, and marketing
- 5+ years of experience leading through influence and integrating across teams
- Highly motivated and organized with demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Expected Outcomes in 12 Months:
- 3 months: Caught up on understanding key initiatives within the organization and the existing and future products
- 6-12 months: Supported the development of product requirements and qualification test plans for VEIR’s first products. Made introductions to all existing VEIR customers and reaching out to potential customers. Performed some initial rounds of product A/B testing and requirements feedback from stakeholders. Leads recurring meetings with VEIR management and engineering/commercial team members.