Washington, DC (901 E)
Senior Associate, Application Operations (Remote/Hybrid)
The Application Operations team is looking for a Senior Associate, Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer, who will provide analytical solutions and improve operational efficiencies across the organization. This highly collaborative role will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to manage end-to-end analytics and BI projects, from discovery through implementation. We seek a candidate who is passionate about using data analysis, engineering, and data visualization techniques to turn unstructured data into actionable insights. The Senior Associate reports to the Senior Officer, Business Intelligence and Analytics. The position requires either monthly or quarterly travel to Pew's Washington, DC office.
- Work collaboratively with teams across the organization to understand their data needs and support their development of relevant analyses and reports.
- Provide oversight, best practices, and guidance for the development of interactive dashboards, including the design of data pipelines, to support the needs of department data users.
- Design queries and scripts to collect, clean, organize, aggregate, and transform data for analysis.
- Write code to streamline and automate manual data processing tasks.
- Provide recommendations on reporting best practices synthesizing both unstructured and structured data sources.
- Develop a broad understanding of all data assets and enforce and champion established guidance on best practices for storage, maintenance, and access through organization-wide data governance standards.
- Conduct regular Tableau / PowerBI and SQL training s to support and grow Pew 's user community.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least four years of dashboard design with a data visualization tool such as Tableau or Power BI , and expertise in quantative analysis and SQL required.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with ETL development and knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture required. Experience with Amazon Redshift or Azure cloud services preferred.
- Project management skills and an ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
Occasional travel required to Pew's Washington, DC office for training, meetings or conferences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance. The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.