- Project Management
- Enterprise Applications
Job: 19584 Network Analyst
LOCATION: SUGAR LAND, TX
As part of our energetic IT team, you will report to the IT Telecommunications Manager and you will be primarily responsible for Tier 1 and Tier 2 support which includes maintenance and deployment of all end-user facing technologies. The analyst acts as a primary interface to all the internal customers that are supported by IT to effect real-time problem analysis and resolutions.
The position requires the ability to work independently and think critically, as well as cross-functionally. Excellent communication skills, and the ability to deliver high performance, high reliability, and high security to facilities and travelers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the IT Telecommunications Manager, the IT Network Analyst will:
- Support Desk
- Maintain accurate inventory of computer equipment, peripherals, software, and associated services.
- Maintain, develop, and document corporate desktop images with an emphasis on ensuring compatibility, corporate standards adherence, security patching/compliance, and quality control.
- Administer and maintain automated deployment system, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Create and maintain automated workstation build procedures.
- Deploy computers and laptops to end-users, including Mobile Data Terminals (MDTs) and other mobile workforce equipment. Ensure complete user data migration from one machine to the other.
- Maintain and monitor desktop support processes and activities related to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Provide support of client-side enterprise applications and technologies.
- Participate in incident response tasks and be diligent in identifying risks to the technical infrastructure.
- Provide end-user support on all desktop/laptop-deployed technologies including operating system support, Microsoft Office and all other productivity suites, SAP client support, remote access, laptop/desktop hardware repair, etc.
- Provide effective remote support for branch offices through the use of various remote console access technologies.
- Actively view, route, update, and/or close trouble tickets.
- Participate in production on-call support rotation.
- Provide technical support for projects.
- Engage with team members as necessary in relation to Data Center operations, Telecomm infrastructure, security, SAP enterprise business applications, and legacy applications.
- Telecommunications / Networking
- Troubleshoot network and telephone issues.
- Deploy phones.
- Configure and deploy Cisco switches and routers for branch offices.
- Report telecom outages to service providers and coordinate the issue until service is restored.
Perform research and provide information to management regarding new technology and equipment.
Participate as a team member for significant efforts that involve cross-functional collaboration.
Track, document, and report on progress of projects as well as day-to-day activities.
- Required: BA/BS and/or relevant work experience. AAS with technical certification may be considered. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology / BBA in Management Information Systems or related field a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience managing or 4 years administering information technology services, including distributing multi-platform computing environments, including Windows, Linux, or UNIX.
- Experience with project management and technology acquisition is a plus.
- Relevant education may be substituted for experience.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with a distributed computing environment, including server operating systems, networks, databases, and enterprise applications.
- Business experience including understanding of activities and needs of major functional groups.
- Exposure to SAP enterprise applications in financials, billing, work and asset management, and mobile workforce management is a plus.
Certifications & Licenses
CCNA Route and Switch, CCNA Unified Collaboration, A+, or Network+ is desired but not required.