- Network Engineer IV
Job Summary: Utilizing knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design, test, implement, and support internal and external networks, including both local area network (LAN), and wide area network (WAN) technologies. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures and relies on experience and judgment to self-manage as required, plan and accomplish goals.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
* Working expertise with other IT organizations such as Enterprise Engineering, IT Security and Risk Management, Platform Engineering, Unified Communications, Network Operations, Critical Facilities, Storage Engineering, Network Provisioning, and other IT business divisions; prioritize, plan, design, coordinate, test and assign ownership for network engineering
* Develop and deliver detailed network engineering diagrams, complete technical documentation, and develop change scripts, using various tools such as; MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Visio and other tools
* Lead and participate in the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, and support for various network platforms of complexity throughout IT projects
* Consult with other business units to configure network platforms for product installation
* Implement changes to network platforms with minimal impact to the business by following enterprise standards and procedures
* Assist in implementing releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment.
* Extensive experience with switches and routers, 4-5 years+ of experience in the field or in a related enterprise environment
* Strong knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting
* Proficient in routing protocols OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP
* Expertise in L2/L3 technologies utilizing various platforms
* Comprehensive experience in network engineering utilizing Cisco, HP/Aruba Networking
* Firewall experience with firewalls such as Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Checkpoint NG, Palo Alto etc.
* Strong understanding of Telecommunications network structure and deployment
* Understanding of hardware (copper, fiber, etc.) and network infrastructure
* Experience working with engineering firms, low voltage contractors, etc.
* Ability to work as a team or on their own depending on the engagement and ability to keep yourself on task
* Ability to travel as needed
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Eight plus years' experience in the IT network industry, at least five of them with a large enterprise network
* Experience with Cisco/Viptela SDWAN
* Experience with programming and automation platforms: Python, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
* Additional Knowledge and expertise in various infrastructure products to include but not limited to Aruba Wireless IDS, F5, Infoblox, Riverbed WAN optimization, Virtual Security Gateways, VMware, and ServiceNow
Education / Certification
* Bachelor's degree preferably in Information Technology or equivalent work experience, education, or training
* CCNA or CCNP