Depends on Experience
Contract - W2Contract - Independent
Client Info : ETF
Location : Madison, WI
Duration : 7 months
Under the general supervision of an Application Development Bureau supervisor, this position provides advanced-level applications development work on highly complex, multi-platform mainframe and web-based business applications. This position performs work in all phases of the systems development life cycle, which includes requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation,enhancements and maintenance. The majority of work performed by this position will be related to the analyses, design and development of new applications and the support of existing applications. This position is expected to deliver high-quality applications and associated end-products that cost-effectively meet the business areas’ requirements and timelines.
In doing application development, this position is expected to create, promote, make full use of and follow all applicable ETF and state standards, policies and best practices. This includes but is not limited to the use of a code repository, code promotion policies, change management, problem tracking, business rules documentation, reports/forms/correspondence standards, mainframe integration, and project management. This position is required to have extensive experience in analysis, design and coding principles and concepts, in addition to developing an in-depth knowledge of the customers’ business processes. The principal development tools currently include Java, DB2, COBOL, CICS, and JCL.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of the uses and applications of the COBOL programming language.
2. Knowledge of the uses and applications of CICS.
3. Knowledge of the uses and applications of stored procedures.
4. Knowledge of structured application development and design methods.
5. Knowledge of relation database concepts, including technologies such as DB2 or similar.
6. Knowledge of the uses and applications of the SQL programming language and concepts.
7. Knowledge of application systems, multi-tier technologies.
8. Knowledge of code repository technologies.
9. Knowledge of problem tracking software technologies.
10. Knowledge of application development life cycle processes.
11. Knowledge of business analysis and application design techniques and prototyping.
12. Knowledge of application test methodologies and procedures.
13. Knowledge of application documentation methods.
14. Knowledge of good security practices for all phases of application development.
15. Knowledge of information management processes.
16. Knowledge of project management methodologies and deliverables.
17. Effective oral communication skills.
18. Effective written communication skills.
19. Leadership skills.
20. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
21. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of persons internal and external to the work section.