Hardware configurationJIRAProject ManagementHardwareSDLCTechnical Project Managementasset managementcablingchange managementdecision makingproblem solvingPMPProject Manager
Data Center Project Coordinator/Manager
Location: NYC, NY
Duration: 12 Months
- 5+ years’ experience within IT with preference to Technical Project Management.
- Experience with asset management best practices.
- Experience with data center assets best practices.
- Experience with physical data center environments.
- Experience with security controls best practices with focus on sensitive data bearing assets in a financial services environment.
- Diligent and methodical when working to deliver upon small tasks and projects.
- Demonstrates calm under pressure and flexibility when faced with changing priorities.
- Able to identify a wide range of technology assets or independently research details.
- Able to follow complex detailed processes while demonstrating high level of discipline and adherence to standard, even when faced with highly manual tasks.
- Skilled in reporting to and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Familiarity with Agile SDLC principals and the underlying best practices related to change management; experience as a member of an Agile team is a plus.
- Ability to proactively anticipate activity risks and lead others to employ mitigation measures.
- Analytical mindset, highly effective at problem solving and decision making.
- A personable and approachable style; can collaborate with leadership and highly skilled technical engineers.
- Approaches decisions with an eye on minimizing operational risk.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and build trust and respect.
- Skilled in interpreting ambiguously defined problems and clarifying objectives.
- Advocates simplification of design and processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in data center environment containing a technology testing lab environment experiencing rapid, short-term change
- Holistic understanding of all data center functions with a working knowledge of server, storage, and network architectures (including co-location models).
- Experience with large scale logistical projects such as storage reconfiguration, data center migration or large-scale builds or moves.
- Respond to key Lab customer requests and coordinate technical change in the Lab including Hardware configuration changes, installation of server components and cabling requests.
- Perform audit of Hardware assets in Lab and storage including asset tagging.
- Perform all changes through approved system while keeping diligent record in firm approved systems. specifically utilizing JIRA for agile task management and ReadyWorks’ Digital Platform Conductor tool, to input, gather, manage, and report every aspect of the client's activity within the Lab datacenter from beginning to end.