Title: Full-Stack Java Developer with Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform) Experience – Only W2 Profiles
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening for Java Developer (Full-Stack).
Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
The main function of a Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
- Implement system software and customize to client requirements
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Code new programs to client's specifications and create test data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 7+ years’ experience Java Development experience required
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- large systems software design and development experience
- Experience performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems
- experience in programming and experience with problem diagnosis and resolution
- 10+ years' experience with OO analysis and design experience
- Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming)
- Proficiency with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP) & WebLogic
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Ability to function with new technologies
- Ability to lead and mentor associate developers Minimum Qualifications:
- 4-year College degree preferably in computer science, Computer or Electrical engineering, information systems, mathematics, data analytics or statistics or equivalent experience
- Typical: At least 3+ years relevant experience in the business environment
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- Over 3 years of software development experience in Java services
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- 3+ years' experience with monitoring tools and event processing from incident alerts from monitoring tools. SiteScope and HP Enterprise Operations Bridge Manager is a plus.
- 2+ years' experience Linux/Unix shell scripting and/or Python.
- 2+ years' experience creating and running JUnit Tests
- 1+ year experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana.
- Working knowledge with WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN, Git or TFS).
- Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef,CARA, SonarQube and Jenkins, Build pipelines, GitFlow, etc.)
- Experience with Groovy, Kubernetes or Docker containers is a plus
- Preferred Qualifications
- Development on high performance multi-tiered architectures (in Java)
Java Developer (Full-Stack) position is based in Detroit, & Dearborn, Michigan. A great opportunity to experience the corporate environment leading personal career growth.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda – vasavi.konda(.@)stgit.com and/or contact @(Two-Four-Eight) Seven- One-Two – Six-Seven-Two-Five (@). In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name - Java Developer (Full-Stack).
For more information about STG, please visit us at .
Vasavi Konda| Recruiting Specialist
“Opportunities don't happen, you create them.”
Systems Technology Group (STG)
3001 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 500
Troy, Michigan 48084
Phone: @(Two-Four-Eight) Seven- One-Two – Six-Seven-Two-Five: @(O)