Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
The Senior Systems Analyst leads the design, development, implementation and support of various Oracle HRMS applications modules to meet business, informational, and technical needs. The position transforms business requirements into well-designed solutions that meet business needs. This position will identify potential problems and recommend solutions to the most complex design scenarios. This position would need to provide programming estimates, deliver well documented program code and prepare code in accordance with Nabors designs and development standards. This position will also serve as a technical lead and resource to others. This position would need to deliver excellent production support and customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnoses and solves the most complex system problems while working under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines in an environment with limited resources
- Interfaces with business analyst to clarify requirements, and delivers end-to-end solution for complex solutions and development/design tasks including identifying the issue, design, configuration, development and testing
- Delivers solid, well documented program code in accordance with Nabors design and GUI standards
- Production Support of all aspects of Oracle HRMS Applications.
- Partners effectively with vendor support to resolve Service Request (SR) issues
- Owns the solutions that integrate the custom application environments, business processes and third party applications
- Leads feasibility analysis for new systems/applications including understanding implications for the current and future architecture to determine how applications and processes can be improved
- Serves as a technical resource on projects that involve multiple technologies, great operational or implementation risks, complex business functionality, and broad implications for the business and/or the IT architecture
- Assists in programming estimates
- Serves as a technical lead. This includes leading or contributing to the technical design, tracking and resolving technical issues, ensure unit tests are conducted and documented and guiding technical resources throughout the project
- Provides leadership and technical guidance on the most complex coding/ development, configuration and implementation efforts to enhance the expertise of colleagues
- Establishes systems to monitor the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance to keep systems operational
- Ensures technical support and problem resolution for client inquiries and production issue resolution meets business needs, making changes to process as needed. Maintains awareness of projects or changes to other systems that may affect their applications/systems, and ensures there is no degradation of service
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least ten years of hands-on technical experience in Oracle HRMS applications including at least three years of functional experience
- Demonstrated expert understanding of all relevant application development processes including the Project Execution Process, serving as a resource to others
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the applications and technical architectures related to their area(s)
- Exceptional ability to diagnose and solve system problems while working under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines with limited resources environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to work productively and professionally with any level of business and technical resources.
- Proficient with Oracle Payroll, Human Resources, Advanced Benefits, Compensation Workbench, Oracle Time and Labor, Oracle Learning Management and Employee Self Service with the functional and technical understanding.
- Proficient with developing and supporting inbound and outbound B2B interfaces with various third party applications
- Proficient with basic UNIX programming and PGP encryption
- Experience with hands-on payroll implementation and support with a detail understanding of payroll processes and HR/Benefit implication with the payroll processes.
- Ability to deliver end to end solution for support problems and development works including identifying the issue, setup, programming and testing.
- Ability to support and develop custom fast formulae for payroll, OAB and CWB.
- Ability to work effectively with Oracle support to resolve SR issue.
- Team player who can work in a collaborative HCM environment which integrate with custom .net applications.
- Ability and willingness to quickly understand the custom application environments and business processes and integration around the custom applications with Oracle Human resources to take the ownership.
- Knowledge of Oracle HCM table structures to support implementations of Daily HR/Payroll reporting requirements.
- Experience with lead and develop new Oracle HRMS capabilities while continuing to support existing configurations.
- Professional working experience with ALL of the following:
Oracle Reports 10G development
Application Object Library (AOL)
Concurrent Programs-setup and scheduling
- Experience with Oracle APIs and custom interfaces
- Experience with Oracle Applications 12.2.9 and above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate accountability and ownership of all assigned tasks
- M.S. in Computer Science
- Experience of working on full lifecycle implementation of Oracle HCM Cloud modules
- Experience of working on Taleo Integration Services
- Experience of working on JAVA programming language
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.