Job Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead and influence a cross functional team to ensure the team delivers products that meet
business requirements/needs and delivers business and operational value to customers
- Ensure product road-map and vision are communicated to the development team
- Break down and prioritize delivery of products and features by developing and maintaining the
product backlog, user stories, and cross-product dependencies
- Elicit, identify, document, and refine requirements from business problems to detailed user
stories and acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements
- Proactively manage, communicate and collaborate with product owners, data engineers,
stakeholders, developers, QA, and other team members to analyze information and functional
requirements, advocate the development process through to implementation, and ensure the
delivered product meets business needs
- Track and report on team work completed, capacity, backlog, velocity, etc.
- Forecast product/feature delivery time-lines
- Use metrics and feedback to improve team and organization processes, best practices,
performance, and delivery
- Assist with deployments and production support issue
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- BA/BS preferred in a technical or business discipline (information systems, engineering, computer science,
finance, business administration, or accounting)
- Preferred experience in Data Warehousing, Data Engineering using Cloud Technology
- 2- 4 years of Product Owner, Product Manager, Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Project
Manager or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Data Product Owner/Manager with demonstrated experience working with Data Teams (Data Engineering, Data Science, BI) and supporting implementation of end-to-end data projects
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, and written/verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation with strong, proven, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional resources and work well in a distributed
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience using Agile processes and methodologies
- Ability to plan for future work while maintaining the current delivery with rapidly changing
Recommended Certifications (nice to have):
- Rally / CA Agile Central experience a plus
- Technical proficiency in data catalogs, analytical tools
- Technical proficiency in Cloud technologies (AWS - S3, Athena, Redshift)
Compensation: $91,800.00/Year - $124,200.00/Year
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service Sling TV that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win it s in our DNA. We re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.