- network defense
- active directory
***We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full-time role***
A prestigious company is on the search for an Information Security Engineer. This engineer will get their hands on everything related to cybersecurity which includes, network defense, TCP/IP networking, Active directory, firewalls, vulnerabilities, compliance, etc.
- This position works on highly complex projects and maintains knowledge across multiple domains (networking, server, end points, mobile, cloud, etc.).
- The Information Security Engineer has a thorough understanding of network defense technologies, TCP/IP networking, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, network security monitoring tools, secure engineering principles and technical security testing.
- This is a hands-on role which will be involved in patching, maintaining firewalls, scanning for vulnerabilities, keeping current on the latest security threats and trends, and reviewing technical architecture for security compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years of enterprise IT security engineering experience. CISSP preferred.
- Must possess expert understanding of Information Technology, Information Security, and Risk Management.
- Knowledge of security and control frameworks, such as ISO 17799, COBIT, and NIST CyberSecurity Framework.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), CompTIA Security+, or GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) certification required or must be obtained within 2 years of hire.
- Experience with ProofPoint, Cisco AMP, SpecOps and other industry standard security tools.
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Advanced knowledge of Network Security
- Advanced knowledge of Endpoint Security
- Advanced knowledge of Server hardening, patching, and base-lining
- Advanced knowledge of Mobile device security
- Advanced knowledge of Data Loss Prevention
- Advanced knowledge of IDS/IPS
- Advanced knowledge of Log analysis
- Skilled Critical Thinking
- Cisco ISE or NAC experience desired
- Keeps current on emerging threats and mitigation strategies.
- Scripting (Python, Perl, Powershell) knowledge preferred.