- IT TECHNICIAN
- FIELD TECHNICIAN
- FIELD TECH
- POINT OF SALE
As part of a leading IT managed services specialist with more than 12,000 associates worldwide, we rely on the personal relationships we build with our consultants and the clients who depend on them. Join the team.
Our client is currently seeking a talented Level 2 Technician to join their team onsite in San Diego, CA. This position requires 40 - 50% of regional traveling and the ideal candidate must be within driving distance of the San Diego airport.
Our client is currently seeking a talented Level 2 Technician to join their team onsite in San Diego, CA. This position requires 40 - 50% of regional traveling and the ideal candidate must be within driving distance of the San Diego airport. Scope of Activity and Responsibilities:
Scope of Activity and Responsibilities:
- Support network transformation project implementation
- Upon completion of the network installation and cut-over, validate that the client-side devices are connected and working
- The devices will be Windows-based and include POS, hand-helds, printers, etc.
- Paired with an on-site Lead, ensure that network migration is implemented smoothly
- Provide support work in weeks between migrations
- Optimizing hardware / software / networking products and configurations as scripted ensuring client satisfaction
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2+ years of direct experience supporting Point of Sale systems
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in desktop hardware, operating systems, smartphones, and printers
- Proficient with computer hardware repair and can troubleshoot / resolve software and operating system issues
- Working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Mac OSx
- Apple iOS
- Android OS
- Microsoft Office 365
- PCs, tablets, laptops, printers, MFDs, and various user devices
- A+, Dell, and Microsoft certifications a plus
- Familiarity with networking / layer 1
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience with the ability to perform under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong service orientation with a focus on client satisfaction
- Highest degree of professionalism and integrity
- Must have good time management and organizational skills
- Must possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Must have a can-do attitude and positive disposition with the capacity to be flexible to adjust to changes in project schedules and travel plans
$30.00 - $35.00 per hour
Full COVID-19 vaccination may be required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, arrest, and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. This includes the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance as well as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that you can elect into including but not limited to: Health Insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental), 401k, Basic Life/AD&D, Supplemental Insurances Plans, Paid Time Off Plan, Paid Holiday, Paid Sick Leave plan, FSA/HSA Pre-Tax Benefits, Employee Discounts.
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. ** Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** , a division of CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit .