At eClinical Solutions, our goal is to leverage technology to accelerate clinical research and bring life-changing therapies to patients faster. Our industry-leading elluminate® clinical data platform is used by top life sciences companies worldwide to regain control of their data and provide meaningful analytical insights.
eClinical Solutions is committed to driving innovation in clinical trials through a better approach to data management and data analytics. We use the eClinical Solutions technology platform, elluminate®, throughout the data management process to accelerate timelines for our clients and automate manual processes. We believe in a more agile approach to data management using our core technology elluminate - enabling our life sciences clients to proactively manage their clinical programs and make decisions.
The eClinical Solutions Engineering team has true greenfield opportunities for software engineers who want to develop innovative revenue-generating products that are revolutionizing the Life Sciences industry. You will work on a team that is developing enterprise-level clinical data software. At eClinical Solutions, you will be recognized and rewarded for your ideas and accomplishments, all while contributing to the latest disruptive technology incorporating modern software architectures, data science, and advanced analytics.
Overview of the position:
The Senior Software Engineer will be a member of the elluminate product development team. elluminate is a next generation data integration and analytics cloud platform that enables Life Sciences organizations to optimize the aggregation, standardization, and analysis of their data throughout the clinical development life cycle.
The Senior Software Engineer will be primarily responsible for the design and development of core modules for the platform and will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle such as reviewing functional specifications, design, development, unit testing, code reviews and release management.
This position will report to the Manager of Engineering.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the engineering team to design, develop, test and deploy highly interactive and data driven web applications
- Apply good technical practices and contribute to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security and performance
- Design and write unit tests and participate in code reviews
- Research, learn and utilize new technologies on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with the Software Quality Assurance team to test the system functionality
- Provide diagnostic support and fix defects as needed
- Provide technical support for existing elluminate product releases
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic Science/Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge of English
Professional Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in software design and development using the Microsoft technology stack. Candidates with internship experience are welcome to apply
- Strong experience in C# and ASP.Net MVC
- Good knowledge in relational database concepts, including SQL queries, data modeling and design, preferably in Microsoft SQL Server
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of software design principles, patterns and practices
- Ability to write optimized yet clean code that performs well and is also easy to maintain
- General experience with business intelligence platforms such as Qlikview, Spotfire or similar tools is a plus. Specific experience integrating Qlikview with web applications is a huge plus
- Good documentation skills and ability to contribute to relevant software documents such as features description, acceptance criteria, design documents, release notes, etc.
- Some experience working with SQA test engineers in test driven design – where developers working in collaboration with test engineers to write test cases against new features before implementation to address defects
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with other team members (Start-Up environment experience is a plus)
- Must be a critical thinker and able to analyze and evaluate trade-offs in solving technical problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Accelerate your skills and career within a fast-growing company while impacting the future of healthcare. We have shared you our story, we look forward to learning yours!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Our management team is committed to the principle that employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, culture fit and business need.