A Software Development Engineer designs, develops, tests, installs, and maintains systems, applications, networks, and/or telecom and related processes to meet the functional objectives of the business. Assesses system, application, network, and/or telecom needs, provides modeling and simulation consulting to clarify client technology functionality, and evaluates and implement new advanced technologies. Ensures adherence to established technology standards and consults with senior leadership on technology solutions. Supports existing systems and is responsible for leading technical aspects of a project. Responsible for assigning resources and delegating tasks to meet project deliverables.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
• 5+ years of software development engineering experience.
• Working knowledge in an IBM Mainframe environment – proficient with COBOL, JCL, VSAM, and working with IBM Mainframe ZOS toolsets.
• Strong knowledge of the following: Job Scheduling (CA7); IDCAMS, SyncSort; File-Master; File Transmission (FTP/NDM); Endevor.
• Application Production Support – ability to provide 24x7 support for up to a week at a time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
• Experience in technical design writing and documentation.
• Proficient with usage of MS office – Outlook, Word, Excel. SharePoint