The Logistic leader is responsible for strategic direction and leadership of supply chain logistics and materials management support operations across the health system including acute care campuses, central warehouse and ambulatory care locations. Design and implement an industry leading supply chain framework focused on efficiency, automation, resiliency and performance through well-defined KPIs. This leader develops and implements operational goals, metrics, policies and procedures for supply chain teams across the health system.Oversee daily operations Provide expertise and lead optimization efforts of Warehouse, inventory and par level management, demand planning, replenishment, receiving and distribution of supplies.
Bachelor s degree, preferably in engineering, logistics, materials management, business or related field is required.
* No professional certifications required
* 10 years of experience leading Supply Chain operations, preferably in an Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) or other industries such as Retail Warehouse Management, Manufacturers and Logistics companies
* Demonstrated ability to build and develop high-performing teams and to develop individual team members
* Thorough knowledge and experience of process analysis, strategy development, policies and procedures, large scale change management and organizational development functions
* Demonstrated ability to build and lead collaborative, cross-functional project teams
* Master s degree
* Professional certification in procurement discipline (i.e. CMRP, PMP, CPM, and APICS) or Lean Six-Sigma process improvement experience.
* Eight (8) years of management experience in supply chain healthcare or comparable industry; supply chain healthcare experience in a multi-entity
* Workday or Lawson experience preferred but extensive ERP knowledge is required
* Experience implementing a point of use technology at clinical and procedural areas.
* Experience with design and implementation of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) or Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR) in a hospital or warehouse setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
* Success in building and leading high-performance teams that deliver superior customer service by achieving desired results within specified timelines
* Self motivated high achiever with proven ability to manage multiple, strategically critical projects and timelines
* Strong relationship building skills coupled with excellent communication, including verbal, written and presentation
* Proficient in analysis techniques and tools to support budget planning, decision support, cost efficiencies and performance management
* Demonstrates the following skills in accomplishing job duties and responsibilities:
* Advanced management skills required to lead department, including management of staff performance and development, team building and communications, resolution of issues and conflicts, review and approval of work, and hiring and training employees.
1. Provides system-level leadership and direction to the supply chain operations teams including Warehouse, Receiving, Distribution, Mail Room and Inventory Management.
2. Design and successfully execute the warehousing and distribution optimization strategy for the health system including managing the performance of our distribution partners including, Med-Surg, Respiratory, EVS and Lab.
3. Support strategies to optimize the Procure to Pay (P2P) processes and technologies including Workday through streamline receiving process in the warehouse, hospitals and ambulatory care locations.
4. Manage strategic supplier engagement and expand optimization efforts through development of high-performance contracts through integration of key performance indicators (KPIs) and structure business review process.
5. Responsible to the performance of supply chain including inventory locations, logistics and distribution through well-defined metrics.
6. Through structured teams and well-defined processes, lead and support the implementation of standardization and cost savings initiatives.
7. Lead the design and deployment of Supply Chain operating model across the health system which includes managed inventory locations across clinical and ancillary departments.
8. Actively engages with clinicians and service line leaders to develop comprehensive clinical utilization protocols that leverage System goals and capabilities and support quality, financial and service objectives.
9. Achieves stakeholder support and collaboration through participation in cross functional teams, engagement in conversations that expose core business and service objectives and sharing best practices for comprehensive success.
10. Coaches and mentors high performing teams, enabling maximum achievement. Champion ongoing training, exceptional resources and clear performance objectives that support effective bidding and negotiation strategies as well as optimal contract structure and finalization and ease of purchase.
11. Encourages and develops individual talent and ambition, targeting individuals for growth opportunities. Inspire and insist upon consistent, transparent, ethical practices from all team members in all situations.
12. Establishes stretch performance goals and develop actionable plans to accomplish them.
13. Networks with peers in similar organizations ,benchmark performance and strategize with counterparts on common opportunities.