Systems Engineer/Business Process Analyst
CMCI provides management consulting and IT services that empower enterprises to achieve their business goals in today's highly competitive market. Our goal is to seamlessly integrate into each customer's organization to fully understand their business and technology needs. This approach allows us to quickly deliver high quality solutions while achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction on time and within budget. By choosing CMCI, you are choosing a company that can deliver on business outcomes and mission needs in the most cost-effective manner and without sacrificing capability. As a part of CMCI's culture of loyalty and commitment to its employees, CMCI is committed to provide a tremendous career path by promoting employees to their highest potential.
A Business process Analyst will provide critical technical leadership on a CBP Portfolio whose purpose is to
develop, modernize, enhance, migrate to the cloud, and operate & maintain applications within the portfolio.
The Business Process Analyst requires a strong mix of customer service skills and a detailed understanding
of the domain(s) supported by their assigned application(s) to define user stories, incorporate features into
the portfolio backlog, and develop the portfolio roadmap in collaboration with the portfolio architect. The
Business Process Analyst must be able to effectively translate general business needs/ConOps defined by
CBP product owners and stakeholders into user stories that are well understood by developers on the agile
- Work with clients and end users to gather, understand, and define business requirements
- Develop user stories and to-be process flows to support the design and development of
Salesforce solutions for our clients
- Work collaboratively with team members to design a solution that will meet a client’s
business requirements and fulfill user stories
- Collaborate with developers to test and verify that solutions will meet the business
- Participate in key meetings with clients including requirement sessions, system demos, user acceptance testing, and end user training
- Work with other system engineers in their portfolio to support development of user stories from which agile product teams can derive story points and perform effective sprint planning.
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and ongoing refinement of the product backlog.
- Leverage knowledge of assigned applications and customer needs to collaborate with the portfolio architect to establish the portfolio backlog and roadmap.
- Act as the voice of the customer when the product owner is unavailable to facilitate understanding of the user stories by the agile product teams.
- Coordinate with communication and training team members to ensure communication and training materials reflect the business needs being addressed by a change.
- Actively participate in Sprint Demos and provide feedback as requested by the Product Owner.
- Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM Products to develop client or business solutions
- Proven ability leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast paced environment
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly ramp up on new clients, their business needs, and technologies
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- At least 7 years of systems engineering experience supporting development of user stories and system requirements within a SCRUM based development environment.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience working collaboratively with government stakeholders to accurately capture ConOps and business needs and translate into a portfolio backlog and roadmap with other system engineers and system architects.
- Proven ability to act as an effective interface between customer stakeholders/product owners and agile product teams ensuring stakeholder/product owner needs are accurately implemented by the agile product teams.
- In-depth understanding of the sprint planning process and proven experience with product backlog refinement.
- Experience facilitating sprint demonstrations with product owners and/or other stakeholders.
- Experience developing user test plans and conducting successful user acceptance test activities.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- Experience developing training materials
- SCRUM Master certification
- CBP experience is a plus
- Experience soliciting, gathering, and analyzing user input and requirements
- Experience documenting user stories and creating to-be process flow diagrams
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders
- Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Developer certifications preferred
- Certified SCRUM Product Owner certification and prior experience as a product owner
- Experience with enterprise level implementation of financial management revenue and asset management.
- Experience working in a scaled agile environment
Clearance Requirement: Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.