Lead Software Engineer – Exciting Industry!
About the Company and Opportunity:
- This client is a growing company in an exciting part of the film/tv industry.
- This opportunity is a hybrid role. The organization is willing to relocate a person to the Oregon area.
- They are adding multiple Software Engineering roles to different areas.
- They offer highly competitive comp packages and benefits including Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance along with PTO and a 401(K) match.
- Pay starts at 130k for the Lead engineer role.
- Things employees say:
- “Great people, extremely creative, great benefits.”
- “I couldn't ask for a better company. I didn't know company culture until I worked here.”
- “Bridges so many disciplines- design, construction, fabrication, cutting edge technology, visual effects, costuming - you name it.”
Overview of Lead Software Engineer Role:
- Extend and integrate the use of Autodesk ShotGrid and other database systems to meet production needs, including both desktop-native and browser-hosted applications and plugins.
- Develop test plans and roll out new based workflows and tools, and work with end users to improve the usability of these tools
- Design, develop, deploy, and support custom tools, scripts, otls, apis, and plugins, to extend the capabilities of USD-backed Autodesk products.
- Participate in research and development to implement 3rd party solutions when available and/or help design and build prototypes for next generation systems.
Lead Software Engineer Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience developing custom tools and workflows.
- Excellent Python skillset required including experience with PySide.
- Experience with scripting in a DCC (Digital Content Creation) software such as: Katana, Houdini, ShotGrid, Maya, Blender, Unity, etc.
- Expereince in a Linux and/or Mac OS coding environment.
- Expereince in PostgreSQL or similar required.
- Must have worked in an Agile environment.
- Familiarity with Git and/or GitLab.
Timing is everything. Whether you are aggressively in a job search or simply passive and looking for the ideal position, we would like to have the chance to share our opportunities with you. We specialize in placement of Technology professionals. Please contact me for more information about this role as well as other opportunities. Also, be sure to check your spam - many candidates are telling us that our initial responses to their application is going to spam which is causing delays and even missed opportunities.