Title: Chassis Validation Engineer
Description: STG is a Preferred Vendor of a major Automotive Firm in MI. The client is looking for multiple Chassis Validation Engineers. These positions are based in Auburn Hills, MI for a large Fortune 500 Automotive firm. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
Product engineer position that is responsible for the design and validation of chassis structural components for suspension cradles, crossmembers, and sub-sub frames. The position will include all aspects of the upfront component design to ensure all system and vehicle level functional objectives are met and also performing the component and system level validation testing. Other aspects of the job include managing overall release of the components including the Bill of Material, CAD drawings, Design Verification Plan, and physical testing. Additional duties will include management of the cradle supplier, issuing engineering change notices, reviewing/approving FMEAs, DVP&Rs, vehicle build support, issue resolution and PPAP.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Structural engineering or equivalent is required from an ABET accredited university.
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Prefer minimum 1 year of experience related to the design of chassis structural parts.
- Previous experience with the design, validation and manufacturing of stamped steel components, welded assemblies, and castings is desired.
- Basic understanding of Team center and NX and ability to function in those systems to support day to day responsibilities. Ability to perform basic design activities in Catia/NX/Teamcenter related to vehicle packaging and design of components.
- Ability to construct system and component level DVP’s and DFMEA’s.
- Must have ability to work effectively within a team environment and be able to perform job responsibilities with little supervision.
- Ability to use logical thinking to construct work plans to resolve complex issues with conflicting requirements across multiple organizations.
- Efficient and effective with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint)
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms Kavitha Shanmugham at and/or contact her at In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – CVE (MI).
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast growing IT consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with expertise in Application Development, Application Management, Web Services (SOA), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Wireless Solutions, Legacy migrations and Project Management. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our clients' global IT needs. STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid vacations and paid holidays. For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.