Job Title: Level 2 Onsite Technician
The Level 2 Technician is responsible for providing onsite support for our Managed IT customer in the Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience in the IT field, is a polished individual with effective communication skills and takes ownership of problems to their resolution in a client facing position. This relates to all technology at their locations, including workstations, servers, printers, networking equipment, and vendor-specific hardware and software. The role also carriers project implementation responsibilities with regards to server builds and VMWare deployments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications
· Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Microsoft Workstation and Server Operating Systems
· Ability to configure and troubleshoot network equipment including routers, switches and firewalls.
· Provisioning and installation of hardware and software as they relate to user workstations, servers, and other IT based appliances, etc.
· Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
· Working knowledge of VMware – ability to provision and troubleshoot
· Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
· Provide support of third-party applications. Ability to work with support vendors to diagnose issues with their applications, ensuring the root cause is determined and issues resolved.
· Travel to other client locations in the local area as required for equipment installation and troubleshooting.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
· Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
· Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
· Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials
· Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
Comprehensive experience with Networking, VMware, firewalls
· Comprehensive experience with DNS, GPOs, DHCP and other Active Directory roles
· Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
· Problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnosis skills of technical issues
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly, including re-prioritizing assignments.
· Work well on your own and with team members
· Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
· Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment