- Systems Administrator
Position Title: Systems Administrator
Work Location: Kwajalein Atoll
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance (Not a comprehensive list, and responsibilities are not listed in order of importance):
- Manage ticket queue and ensure that unresolved issues are escalated in a timely fashion.
- Provide daily briefs of any significant issues and immediately report all outages or HazCom conditions.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and flows for common systemsserver tasks.
- Develop strong communications and working relationships with other support teams (Desktop, Networks, Telecommunications, etc.).
- Organize and support projects to improve systems and server services.
- Establish and maintain a proactive posture for Cyber Task Orders and other pending issues.
- Provide appropriate Desktop Support related reports, activities, andor verification per the PWS.
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP).
- Create and utilize scripts (i.e. PowerShell) to automate routing system and user management tasks.
- Create, maintain and delete user account in accordance with Army Enterprise Standards.
- Perform work in a complex information technology (IT) network environment involving local network and Regional Cyber Center Pacific (RCC-P) Security assets.
- Manage objects within the Microsoft Active Directory Organizational Unit structure, to include but not limited to, Group Policy management and configuration, management of computer/server objects, and assigning local roles and permissions.
- Use a highly developed knowledge of systems analysis, computer systems, programming languages, hardware capabilities, and system operation to ensure network servers and SAN data systems are properly configured, installed, operated, and maintained.
- Evaluate computer hardware and software deficiencies and make recommendations to procure items necessary to correct deficiencies.
- Install security, operating system service packs, patches, and application updates and patches on all common user servers.
- Perform system backups for each file, print, and common user applications server.
- Manage and ensure servers are compliant with STIGs/SCAP, up to date with latest patches, and scanned via ACAS daily. Mitigate any findings and maintain plan of action and milestones (POA&M) and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) entries, or future systems performing a similar function.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience / Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional training, certification, and/or years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Experience and knowledge in VMWare ESXI
- Experience with SCCM
- Active Security+ certification or CISSP
- Current Microsoft server certification required: Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate Certification (AZ-104) preferred
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
KaiHonua, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package including Paid Time Off, a matching retirement program, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our company, please visit our website at .
Position may require a DoD security clearance.
Headquartered in Hawaii, KaiHonua, LLC is a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned SBA Small Disadvantaged Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. KaiHonua, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
KaiHonua, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
KaiHonua, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.