- Full scope of desktop productivity tools
- load management/clustering/failover/high availability of middleware software environments
- configuration management in both web application and client/server environments
- Analytical/troubleshooting and test skills
- technical assistance to application development teams for systems administration
Bachelor's degree. Six years of experience in information technology systems administration including creating, analyzing, and managing information technology systems are required. Additional related work experience in information technology systems administration including creating, analyzing, and managing information technology systems may substitute for the required college education on a year-for-year basis.
Miami-Dade County is looking for an individual to work in a collaborative team environment utilizing the latest middleware tools for working with IIS application servers, Dot Net frameworks, Dev Ops and Cloud Integration solutions. This position is within the Data Management & Integration Services Division of the Information Technology Department (ITD, within the Hosting and Integrations group. The group’s objective is to work closely with County departments, vendors, and external agencies to support the Middleware and Integration services for Windows Dot Net environments. This position involves hands-on implementation of enterprise middleware software environments including web application servers, messaging, web services and related middleware components in three environments, Integration, Staging and Production.
This position also involves the administration and support of the complete product lifecycle of the administration and 24x7 support of the IIS and Dev Ops Hosting environments running on VMware and cloud tenants.
Components of this position includes the following:
• Applying the latest fix-packs to all our environments, and problem resolution.
• Monitoring Middleware environments to prevent operational failures.
• Collaborating with external and internal customers on security for file transfer of large sensitive files.
• Application deployment & hosting in the IIS Application environments.
• Collaborating with customers to process workorders via a ticketing system for operational documentation and business processes with other team members.
• Administering and supporting the IIS Application Servers to include Dot Net Core/classic frameworks and an agile Dev Ops environment that is tightly integrated for pipeline deployments.
• Supporting the Windows Server operating systems, and administrating Azure cloud components for power apps and BI.
• Managing and supporting Apple and Google Store Account Portals for Provisioning and Certificate generation.
Experience with the following is preferred:
• Enterprise class middleware software environment administration including the ability to evaluate, install, test, configure, maintain, monitor performance of applications and their components.
• Technical assistance to application development teams for systems administration.
• Analytical, troubleshooting and test skills.
• Configuration management in both web application and client/server environments.
• Load management, clustering, failover, and high availability of middleware software environments.
• Full scope of desktop productivity tools.
Miami-Dade County offers great benefits including full medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and disability insurance; 457 pretax savings plans; flexible spending accounts; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; membership in the Florida Retirement System; professional development; and a tuition reimbursement program.
This position may lend itself to Miami-Dade’s Telecommuting Policy, which includes flexible work schedules and remote home working in those areas where such a policy is viable and meets the goals and objectives of the operations.
DEADLINE TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION IS BY 10/03/23.