Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for all American Corporations. We are currently seeking a SCADA Engineer for our client in the Energy domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position, and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Role: SCADA Engineer
Role Description: The SCADA Engineer must have at least 10+ years of experience. For this role, you must be self-motivated independent worker with the ability to multitask between multiple active projects.
This role requires 10+ years of experience with developing numerous SCADA projects from inception to completion, project management, IP networking skills, in-depth knowledge of industrial protocols like DNP3 and Modbus protocols and possess an exceptional work ethic and commitment to accomplishing goals.
This position will report to the Sr. SCADA Engineer with the Nexamp Operation Center (NOC).
- Primary driver of internal development efforts for Central SCADA project, which includes the following:
- Communication Drivers
- Tag Creation
- Equipment Templates
- HMI/Site Templates
- Database Queries
- Alarm Notification
- Work hand in hand with engineering partner to expedite Central SCADA project completion.
- Manage validation of all project milestones ensuring proper and timely completion.
- Collaborate with Network Operations Center team to drive SCADA system development.
- Focus on modular design to ensure future plant integration work is as effective as possible.
- Handle future C-SCADA site additions, improvement, and enhancements.
- Assist in maintaining Nexamp SCADA system, for Central & Site, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining all aspects of the SCADA system, as part of a growing SCADA team.
- Help develop internal ERPs to reduce costs associated with SCADA support for field equipment and personal.
- Mentor JR SCADA Engineers
- Demonstrate high level troubleshooting skillset and become a "go-to" resource.
- Ability to travel to sites to troubleshoot communication and SCADA equipment related issues when necessary.
Education: Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 10+ years of experience
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Note: Must be able to work on a W2 basis (No C2C)
Recruiter Name: Srinivas Rao
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years