The Firmware Engineer is responsible for the development of embedded software/firmware applications and tools. Assignments also include the maintenance of legacy applications. This may include bug fixes and the addition of new product features and functionality.
Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process driven project execution from initiation through to completion.
- Providing accurate project requirements, scope, plans and schedules.
- Product design, analysis, debugging and verification testing in the pursuit of development goals.
- Successful interaction with Sales & Marketing and Field Service departments, as well as other Engineering teams and customers.
- Improving the internal processes and technical level of the SW/FW department.
- Understanding and development of complex algorithms and analysis of data.
- Direction and guidance of other personnel in the development or testing phases.
- Provide high-level technical and application support.
- Mentoring more junior personnel.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Physical Science or related technical field and at least 8 years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in embedded software design and development in C.
- Thorough knowledge of embedded development from low-level board bring-up, processor, and device interfaces through higher-level data structures, algorithms, design patterns and architecture are required for this position.
- Knowledge of and experience with software engineering best practices including version control, unit tests, code reviews, etc. is required for this position.
- Knowledge of signal processing and DSP algorithms.
- Strong analytical and applied math skills are required. An engineer with a background in the physical sciences is ideal in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Other Skils and Abilities:
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
This position does not supervise other employees.
"We Engineer your success" Britech Group, Inc is a Technology Staffing Company who are experts in integrating exceptional people with top companies. Additional Job Openings- http://britechgroup.com