The Senior SAP MM business analyst will develop and support the procure to pay (purchasing and inventory) business processes. This involved optimizing existing business processes and building out solutions for new business initiatives. The analyst will also support the Ariba set up and deployment for supply chain collaboration.
Locations: CA, IL, AZ, TX
- Leverage business and technical expertise to address technology architecture, blueprinting, data analysis, business modeling, technical design, application development, integration, and enablement. Leads the research and evaluation of emerging technologies to support changing business needs.
- Define and develop best practices for process excellence and functional configurations.
- Work with business leaders to define end state Procure 2 Pay business processes. This involves working with business departments and process owners in defining functional requirements.
- Analyze business processes and provide solutions to optimize productivity and ensure data accuracy.
- Provide day to day system/process support to users in coordination with corporate support team
- Build process documentation, functional specifications, test scripts and training documentation
- Maintain system configuration as defined by project scope within SAP and other business applications.
- Monitor existing processes to ensure system accuracy and integrity.
- Change management and train users on new systems and processes.
- Manage and oversee the design and development of customized reports, utilizing ABAP technical resources and other tools (e.g., report writer) functionality within SAP
- Design and development of interfaces and conversion programs to/from existing legacy systems
- Work directly with project stakeholders throughout the entire lifecycle of multiple projects to define, design and implement robust technology solutions.
- Performs a project manager role to roll out applications/business processes to ensure the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished on time and within budget.
- Manage outsourced resources to achieve project goals
- Prepares project status reports for management and business users.
- Leads system testing effort necessary as part of project deliverables
- Partners with peers across the IT organization to solve complex business problems including taking a lead role on the high-level solution options and design
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational, time and stress management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) and customer-facing skills.
- Willingness to expand knowledge and skills to other technologies and solutions
- Proven expertise as SAP MM analyst with at 7+ years relevant experience with full life cycle implementations
- Strong understanding of SAP SD, WM, Transportation and FI integration points
- Thorough understanding of wide range of business processes with a focus on Procure to Pay processes.
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology, specifically with SAP ERP implementations
- 7+ years of experience in one of the SAP sub-domain areas of CRM, Sales & Distribution, Manufacturing, Supply chain, Warehouse Management.
- Solid hands-on experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of SAP based enterprise software applications
- 7+ years of extensive hands-on experience architecting business solutions using SAP technologies
- Experience with non-SAP ERP solutions and cloud-based solutions will be a plus
- Desired good understanding of WM and Transportation processes, warehouse optimization, transportation and freight
- Strong Project Management capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or Engineering.