G2 Software Systems, Inc. (G2) is looking for a self-directed and motivated IT Operations Specialist/systems administrator to join our team. The position is to maintain IT infrastructure, baselines, and documentation. Duties include IT equipment administration, management of IT equipment/software inventory, maintenance of IA posture, and management of IT documentation. The position requires experience with Windows systems administration. Tasks will be to:
- baseline and manage laptops and servers to include the inventory of IT equipment;
- administrate networks (backup network devices, replace equipment as necessary, label cables and update as necessary);
- conduct inventory of company and government furnished equipment, update as necessary;
- create/update documentation (processes, training, diagrams).
Organizational skills and proficient English with both written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
This position requires an individual to be a US citizen and either have, or be able to obtain, and retain a DoD clearance.
In addition, the following skills are required:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA) Windows 10 or later
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA) Windows Server 2012 or 2016 or later
The following skills are desired:
- CompTIA Security +
- Implementing OS STIGs (e.g. Windows 10, Server 2012, RHEL 7)
- Experience applying Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIGs)
- Implementing internet browser STIGs (e.g. Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Internet Explorer)
- Experience with diagraming in Microsoft Visio
G2 Software Systems, Inc. provides consultant-level pay within a company framework. G2 is an Employee-Owned Small Business (ESOB) performing cutting edge software development for a variety of DoD programs since 1989. G2 has assembled an unparalleled professional team of software, hardware, and systems engineers and information technology and program specialists, supported by experienced managers and a superb administrative staff.