This role is a full-time permanent position, and the ideal candidate would be located within commuting distance to our Austin TX location.
HT Group is partnering with a technology leader providing critical software and services that supports our nation's most important infrastructure in the energy space. They provide a wide range of leading-edge technology solutions spanning across Mobile edge computing, IoT and SaaS platforms.
This role is a highly influential software development leader who can truly help drive the business forward from a technical perspective and will provide wide exposure across all product lines.
A role you will love
- This is a hands-on leadership position. Up to 70% of your time may be spent making technical contributions such as designing, developing, DevOps, etc. You will ensure the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions developed by the teams and third-party providers.
- You will engage in mentoring and guiding the professional development of technical staff, as well as identify and recommend opportunities for developing product functional and technical strategies for your domain. This will include the development of actionable short and long-term product roadmaps, by partnering with business leaders, product managers, systems architects, Security Operations, Support and more experienced engineers.
- You will also make decisions and in resolving design challenges, create and oversee strategic product design from the engineering perspective, write code on our application stack in addition to overseeing a engineering team of 6-10 ensuring the delivery of commitments aligned to our engineering roadmaps.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Apply knowledge of standards, policies, best practice and organizational structure so that you can work both independently and collaboratively within your team and with key stakeholders.
- Provide informal guidance and share knowledge with colleagues to enable them to contribute to the team's objectives.
- Ensure the quality of tasks, deliverables, services and information provided by your team - through the quality of your own work and the support you provide to others - to ensure that your team delivers high-quality, maintainable software which adheres to the standards and policies.
- Support the evaluation and resolution of technical challenges and blockers to minimize their impact on the team's delivery and/or supported products.
- Identify and support improvements and innovation in technologies/practices within your team that would benefit the business e.g. efficiency in the software development process or improved customer experience.
1. Design, Execute & Create (50%)
2. Leading, Planning & Design (20%)
3. Productivity Process & Efficiency (10%)
4. Support & Service (10%)
5. Development (10%)
What will you bring to the role?
We are looking for you to be an experienced Engineer with a technical background focused on Microsoft C# .NET Azure technology stack.
You will be a supportive team player, with the ability to build effective working relationships with individuals across varying locations, and level of technical aptitude.
Key skills that you'll have:
- 8-10+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through experience
- 3-5+ years of people management experience
- 3-5+ years of experience with responsibility for technology direction, execution, and application support
- 5+ years of experience as a solution architect, tech lead or team lead
- 2+ years of experience with agile transformation
- Background Computer Science or Equivalent Engineering Degree desired
- Proven experience architecting and building large scale distributed cloud systems in a hybrid private cloud and Azure cloud framework environment
- Proven experience utilizing SDLC tools such as Git, Jira, Confluence, Azure Devops and CI/CD methodologies
- Applied experienced developing on C# .NET using cloud design patterns
- Experienced in public, private or hybrid cloud migration such as Azure