USD 2,000.00 per year;USD 4,000.00 per year;USD 1,000.00 per year;USD 111,000.00 - 132,000.00 per year
Software developmentFSAMarketing operationsExtracttransformloadIMPACTBig dataEmbedded systemsDICERelational databasesTransformationElectronic commerceMicrosoft AzureBusiness intelligenceBusiness requirementsData warehouseStorageOracleEEOData modelingRelationship buildingCloud computingWritingPostgreSQLBusiness processe-commerceMergers and acquisitionsProduction supportCollaborationDesignBrandTraining and developmentMicrosoft SQL ServerCertification and accreditationLinkedinAccountabilityCross-functional teamAmazon Web ServicesDataRecruitingAutomationADFMachine Learning (ML)SQLData engineeringCachingMySQLData martsArtificial intelligenceInsuranceSAP BASISVirtual teamSchedulingPerformance tuningData governance
As Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing robust and scalable data warehousing solutions. The Data Engineer will be responsible for building data solutions based on the business requirements. Data solutions may involve retrieval, transformation, storage, and delivery of the data. The Data Engineer must follow standards and implement best practices while writing code and provide production support for the enterprise data warehouse. Our ideal candidate is a skillful data wrangler who enjoys building data solutions from the ground up and optimizing their performance.
This full-time position reports to the Manager of Data Engineering and can work remote from any U.S. state where Balsam Brands is currently setup as an employer, which includes: CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MO, NJ, NC, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, and WA. This role can also work locally in our Redwood City, CA or Boise, ID office location. Our local teams work in a hybrid model, which currently includes Tuesday and Wednesday in-office.
To ensure sufficient overlap with functional and cross-functional team members globally, some flexibility with this role's regular work schedule will be required. Most of our teams have overlap with early morning and/or early evening PST. Specific scheduling needs for this role will be discussed in the initial interview.
What you'll do:
- Be accountable for building and maintaining the data infrastructure for the organization
- Collaborate with systems analysts and cross functional partners to understand data requirements
- Champion data warehouse, create denormalized data foundation layer and normalized data marts
- Define strategies to capture all data sources and impact of business process changes on data coming from those sources
- Work on all aspects of the data warehouse/BI environment including architecture, design, development, automation, caching and performance tuning
- Continually explore new technologies like Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Generative AI, Machine Learning, and Predictive Data Modeling
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of professional experience in the data engineering field
- Demonstrated history of designing and building schemas, tables, views, and data pipelines
- Experience in cloud technologies like Azure, AWS
- Experience in Azure Data Factory (ADF) or equivalent ETL tool
- Knowledge and experience of working with SQL and relational databases like SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres and MySQL
- Ability to understand and tell the story embedded in the data at the core of our business
- Ability to communicate with non-technical audience from a variety of business functions
- Strong knowledge of coding standards, best practices and data governance
Travel for remote team members: At Balsam Brands, we believe that time spent together, in-person, collaborating and building relationships is important to who we are. For our newest remote Brandits, we will arrange travel to one of our local offices within your first three months of employment so you can meet and train with your new team in-person. You may also get to travel an additional 1 - 2 times a year for events such as team retreats, offsites, or learning and development opportunities.
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume, and only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed in this posting. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a global, eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home dcor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity for those seeking to have a meaningful impact in a people-first company that values relationship building, authenticity, and doing the right thing. We have steadily growing teams in Boise, the Bay Area, Dublin, the Philippines - and most recently, Windsor, Canada!
The company's mission is to create joy together. We empower our team and partners to love what they do, provide products and experiences that inspire meaningful moments with family and friends, and give back to our families and communities in impactful ways. When you join Balsam Brands, you'll find a culture of caring people doing challenging work and building a welcoming workplace.
- Check out our flagship brand, Balsam Hill:
- Balsam Brands in Forbes:
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn:
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, our current package includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan; salary is reviewed yearly and may be adjusted as part of the normal compensation review process
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of monthly premiums covered for team members, and 85%+ employer-paid premiums for other coverage tiers that include dependents
- Up to $2,000 annual funding toward HSA accounts
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Infertility coverage offered on all medical plans
- Generous parental leave program and flexible return options
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000 per calendar year
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Paid 5-week sabbatical leave after 10 years of employment
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Up to $300 flexible reimbursement to support setup of new team member's work-from-home environment
- Generous team member merchandise discount
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, monthly wellness, pet insurance, accident & critical illness insurance
The base pay range for this position is: $111,000 to $132,000. Where an individual falls within that range will vary based on several factors including geographic location and may vary depending on candidate qualifications and experience, applicable skills, and other job-related factors. We benchmark our pay ranges against current external data sources and regularly review compensation for our team members. Balsam Brands is committed to providing our team members with an internally fair, externally competitive, and fiscally prudent total compensation package administered in a simple and consistent manner.
At Balsam Brands, we strive to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team to fulfill our purpose to create joy together. Balsam Brands is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.