Job Title: Mainframe Adabas Database Administrator Level 4
Location: Alpharetta, GA, 30004, US
Duration: 12 Months
Job Type: Contract
Founded in 2006, Spruce Technology is a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services for the public, private, and federal sectors. An award-winning firm (Inc 5000, SmartCEO) with a steadily growing portfolio of clients, Spruce Technology provides innovative technology solutions, specialized IT staff, and IT consulting services. With clients in over 30 states, Spruce is a certified Minority-owned Business Enterprise (MBE) and an established partner with many leading technology companies such as Microsoft, Salesforce, ServiceNow, AWS, and more.
Please visit www.sprucetech.com for additional information on our services.
- Monitor automation messages for database exception conditions.
- Analyze application and database performance problems. Initiates a shift turnover for issues or problems including any outstanding tickets, mails, abends, calls or messages that are still being worked on are communicated or handed over.
- Responsible for the creation, scheduling, and support of database backup and maintenance processes.
- Implement database turnover requests for all APG groups and application for all environments.
- Perform verification for database maintenance upgrades.
- Execute Weekend verification involving the running of the IVP and following up on outstanding reorgs, utilities, or replication tasks.
- Provide support and assistance for the database engineering groups for Weekend work.
- Support efforts for the database Performance Lab.
- Preparing for, coordinating, writing up and communicating the summary of the weekend work.
- Provide level one and level two support on database systems and address spaces.
- Implement changes to database subsystem variables.
- Monitor and read and respond to incoming mail and newsgroups relating to problems and questions.
- Providing level one and level two support of the utility suite of applications. Following the DTS procedures and policies for escalation and notification
- Escalation to next Tier and/or management
- Register events from clients into tracking tools
- Performance weekend verification after infrastructure upgrades and system IPLs
- Build tools to automate reporting, monitoring and improving platform stability
- Test Upgrade and new product releases
- Environment z/OS IBM mainframe
- Adabas 8.5Natural 9.1Adabas Cluster Services
- Adabas Parallel Services
- Adabas Replication Services
- Adabas Delta Save
- Adabas Cache
- Adabas Vista/Coordinator/FastPath
Spruce Technology, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is the policy of Spruce Technology, Inc. to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process.