TicketsPassword resetsnetwork issuesprinting permissionsHPWindowsincidentsservice requestsWorkstation setupscell phonesbasic networkoperating systemnetwork connectivityprint/file sharingbasic hardwareend user issuesMicrosoft Office
Help Desk Analyst I
3-6 months (starting ASAP)
100% onsite, Maryland (Monday through Friday - traditional work schedule)
Target rate is $20-$25/hr., EST hours
This position provides first tier help desk support to employees and Help Desk staff in a Windows / Office environment, while also participating in various IT projects.
This position also services outside policyholders, agents, and external customers and equipment vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides first-tier support to internal users for help desk incidents, service requests, and all technology related requests. Supports external policy holders, agents, medical vendors, and the TPA account regarding accounts and system Escalate issues as necessary to appropriate Tier 2/3 or programming groups.
- Creates and manages tickets for all contact with customer through service desk
- Receives and prioritizes work, project-oriented tasks, and service desk requests of varying severity, documenting issues via service desk and document repository, and effectively managing and resolving all issues within accepted service levels and approvals. Initiates corrective action to stay on schedule.
- Follows all IT policies and Maintains Inventory of all assets and ensures asset association in service desk
- Service/troubleshoot the following: Workstation setups, cell phones, basic network, operating system (Windows 10) functions such as network connectivity, print/file sharing, basic hardware and end user issues related to the use of Microsoft Office and other business applications.
- Generates written documentation of procedures/processes.
- Trains end users on various supported
- Participates as a team player in various technological infrastructure projects, (i.e., rollouts, application upgrades, or new technology initiatives, etc.).
- Inventory Management – orders laptops, printers and supplies for PC users, and tracks all the assets.
- This position may also include cross training in day or nighttime operations, or other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree/Technical School diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2+ years’ experience providing help desk support in a Windows / Office environment.
- A+, Net+, MCP or other relevant certifications preferred.
- Troubleshooting ability with hardware and software in a client/server-networking environment.
- Service/Help desk software and processes experience preferred
- Experience with hardware/software roll outs and Imaging/Ghosting is preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills with users at all levels within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Proven analytical, multitasking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Initiative to take on new tasks and resolve problems independently
- Bilingual skills preferred.
My notes: this is a contract, with indefinite extensions.
Tickets, Password resets, network issues, printing permissions, etc. this equipment is mostly Lenovo, HP, Windows, Msft Surface – moving entirely to Lenovo