***We are unable to sponsor for this permanent full-time role***
***Position is bonus eligible***
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a Sr. Cyber Security Vulnerabilities Engineer. Candidate oversees and provides direction, and development for the security assessment and vulnerability management programs. Candidate will work with leadership to determine proper security configurations. This position is hands-on and includes performing security risk assessments on new and current technologies, analysis and reporting on vulnerabilities as part of the overall vulnerability management function, collaboration with Security Architecture on projects, and consulting to provide subject matter expertise.
- Lead and mentor the security engineering team.
- Provide input into the strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility and participate in long-term strategy and planning for Information Security.
- Manage and mature the security assessment and vulnerability management programs. Create and maintain system, metrics, procedural and support documentation.
- Perform security assessments for IT projects, technologies and third-parties (e.g., vendors and service providers).
- Collect information and assess emerging threats including software vulnerabilities. Coordinate the triage of and response to vulnerability information. Disseminate this information regularly to firm staff and management as appropriate.
- Subject matter expert for Information Security, consulting to technical and non-technical management, and attorneys as necessary.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of security policies, standards, processes and guidelines.
- Participate in issues management (exception and findings requests) as needed.
- Six (6) years of direct work experience in securty assessments, vulnerability management, or similar.
- 4-year college degree in information technology or equivalent experience
- Experience with assessments in Windows and Unix is required
- Knowledge of IT security controls and IT infrastructure is required
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure IaaS and SaaS is required
- Strong knowledge on Security frameworks and technologies such as ISO 27001, NIST, SOC, SIG… is required
- Scripting/automation experience such as Python, PowerShell and API integrations is preferred
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written, visualization and listening) skills
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team setting
- Interest in understanding customer perspective to aid in the development of the right solution
- Commitment to delivering quality solutions
- Ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience
- The ability to research and solve complex security and networking challenges
- Demonstrated personal skills to effectively cooperate and communicate with business partners
- Creative problem solving, analytical, industry knowledge, project management and communication
- Knowledge of security technology capabilities
- Knowledge of cloud capabilities, controls and implementation
- Knowledge of security administration and role based security controls
- Knowledge of authentication technologies and their interaction with different platforms, both on-site and remote
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management technologies
- Knowledge of anti-malware technologies
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention technical capabilities
- Knowledge of both client and server firewalling technologies and their configuration and administration
- Knowledge of security systems log correlation and analysis
- Knowledge of data encryption technologies
- Knowledge of Endpoint Detection and Response tools
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and forensic tools
- Knowledge of web filtering and email SPAM prevention techniques
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) are preferred.