- Network Operations
- Network Operations Center
- Cisco switches
- Storage Area Network
- TCP / IP
- Terminal Services
Job Summary: The Network Operations Center Technician (NOCT) is responsible for monitoring, managing, and adhering to Geographic Solutions standards for proactive enterprise systems, infrastructure, network, security, and application monitoring. As part of the NOC team, the NOCT will be required to operate and assist in supporting all the Geographic Solutions monitoring and operations based toolsets including but not limited to, SolarWinds® Orion, Zabbix, PureStorage®, Nimble Storage, VMware VirtualCenter, and other point tools.
Geographic Solutions is seeking a candidate with entry-level experience who is capable of working in a fast-paced growing technology company with the ability to run all components related to proactive system, management, incident and problem management, and operational and SLO/SLA reporting. The right candidate will be a self-starter and ready to help run our enterprise monitoring, alerting, and reporting tools and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working within standard three tier Internet-facing web services application environments and infrastructure within a Microsoft® based environment.
- Maintaining, training/mentoring others, and evolving our enterprise monitoring, alerting, reporting, and analysis suite of tools to manage our SaaS client environments and the internal corporate infrastructure and environments. Includes our current set of tools: Solarwinds Orion, and proprietary monitors.
- Creating support ticket, and ensuring incident is resolved.
- Monitoring scheduled jobs in SQL, delivery of SFTP files, completion of SSIS packages, and provide escalation as needed.
- Responding to alerts and notifying the various internal/external teams to assist in problem resolution.
- Assisting in conference call setups for outages, initiating swat call to ensure all technical resources are engaged, and assisting in diagnosing problem.
- Collecting the information for the Root Cause Analysis documentation for internal and external customers on a timely basis.
- Understand the basic troubleshooting methodology with the following technology components: Web, SQL, SFTP, and file servers including Windows Server 2012/2019, IIS, Application Pools, SQL server 2012/2016/2019, SQL Clustering, console applications, secure remote access, SAN’s, MPLS, VPN’s, and Terminal Services.
- Maintaining and following the company’s MAC processes and push monitoring templates to new devices, applications, and services into the NOC tool sets.
- Maintaining detailed documentation on all server specifications and inventory, including model numbers, processor specifications, memory, licensing, versions, patches, changes, topology, and physical connectivity drawings.
- Assist in the Problem and Incident Management functionality, including issue triage, severity level and impact determination, problem ticket creation, support notification, escalation, communication, and managing the issue through resolution and Impact Statement/Root Cause Analysis document creation when applicable.
- Willing to do shift work as required.
- Willing to work weekends as required.
- Associates degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or work experience considered if at least 1 year in similar position.
- Microsoft Certification (MCP, MCSE, MCITP, MCDBA) is highly desirable.
- Prefer 1-2 years in operational experience interfacing with proactive monitoring and reporting tools such as Solarwinds Orion, Zabbix, or other related enterprise based proactive monitoring, event correlation, and reporting tools.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Network Monitoring, firewalls, load-balancers, switching and routing, and the use of Network Sniffers.
- Candidate should be able to monitor, report, and perform capacity planning on various SAN (Storage Area Network) solutions such as Compellent, EMC, and Nimble SANs.
- Candidate should be able to monitor, report, and troubleshoot Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls, as well as DNS, IDS/IPS, and other utility applications.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of how to troubleshoot web service issues from the browser through the database tier, with a special focus on IIS, application pools, console applications, scripts, and web services.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to present findings and make decisions in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize commitments and responsibilities on a daily basis often under the pressure realized within a growing company with changing environments, new client commitments, and moving deadlines.
- Ability to work and communicate with internal and external clients/customers and other technical functional organizations.
- Excellent oral, written, and mentoring skills.
- Detailed-oriented in the maintenance of architecture, support, and procedure documentation.
- Candidate must be a team player and considered a key contributor within a company that is on a progressive growth path.
- A successful candidate must be a self-starter and a technology enabler to represent the IT Team and Geographic Solutions on all projects and in all meetings with internal IT groups and business representatives, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to learn and retain information in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Ability to work independently and/or as a part of a team
- Ability to have a highly flexible schedule
- Reliable Transportation
- Ability to work 3rd shift
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Physical requirements of the job may include but are not limited to: Ability to lift 50lbs, sit or stand for long periods of time, stay awake during evening and night shifts.
- May also be assigned various projects and tasks as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V