Our Greenville, SC administrative office is seeking an experienced Applications Engineer to join the Firm’s expanding Technology department. The Applications Engineer is responsible for assisting in supporting the full systems life cycle for the enterprise business applications of the Firm (e.g. the Firm’s financial system, document management system, CRM). The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing the Aderant Expert financial management system or other legal financial software. Additional experience with related legal financial software, such as Intapp Time, Billback, or other related software is a plus. Activities include systems installation and integration, maintenance and upgrades, patch installation, troubleshooting and diagnosing root cause for problems, and performance monitoring. Additional duties include working with relevant stakeholders to identify and resolve problems while also realizing efficiencies as a result of process and systems improvements. This position will establish relationships with relevant vendors in order to coordinate vendor-assisted upgrades and escalate and manage vendor support tickets as needed. Candidates must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as Application Engineers work closely with business systems support analysts and other specialists.
- To support the health and safety of our teams and work spaces, we require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to have received an approved accommodation based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice, or as otherwise required by applicable law. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
- SME-level knowledge of Aderant Expert infrastructure and operational management, supporting EA Pro, Expert Classic, Expert AP, Expert Billing, Aderant Spotlight, and other modules relating to Aderant as well as other integrated applications. Equivalent experience with other legal-financial platforms will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields of study or equivalent experience. At least 5 years serving in a similar capacity administering enterprise-level systems. ITIL certification a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience working with Windows Server, software installations and upgrades, supporting enterprise applications in a production environment and working with Microsoft SQL Management Studio (SSMS).
- Applications Administration Experience – Experience installing, managing and supporting client/server database applications. Experience creating and monitoring data integrations between financial systems and relevant downstream systems.
- Vendor Management Experience – Experience managing external vendors and consultants as necessary to implement new products, upgrades, and system improvements. Schedules maintenance activities, upgrades and patches, familiar with Event and Impact Management solutions.
- System Monitoring and Troubleshooting – Experience monitoring owned systems and leading advanced troubleshooting efforts.
- Communication and Collaboration – Experience working closely with stakeholders and other internal customers as well as collaborators within I.T. in a consultative manner, aligning systems configuration and usage practices with business drivers, identifying opportunities for improvement.
Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account /Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.