- failure analysis
Job Title: Field Test Engineer
Location: Overland Park, Kansas (Onsite)
Duration: 6+ months (Possible Extension-Long Term Project)
Rate Range:$40-$50/hr on w2
- Manage 5G/4G IOT test in Infra-vendor or Carrier lab.
- Work with the network engineer to configure required test parameters and ensure tests are performed accurately.
- Support basic log analysis for the latest 5G features for all US carriers (including AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile).
- Track the issues to full resolution and closure.
- Compile and send summary test reports to outline the current status and to communicate any critical issues.
- Strong communications skills and cross-functional collaboration needed
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Bachelors degree with 2+ years’ relevant experience
- Hands-on experience in mobile device testing/failure analysis in IOT lab/field for at least 1-2 years.
- Experience with any of the infra-vendor IOT, device IOT, DFIT, F4L or PDC tests is highly desired.
- Basic knowledge of LTE/5G NR NSA/SA including signaling, IMS and data call flow concepts.
- Ability to test and track IOT/field issues end to end by collaborating with modem quality organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment with cross-functional coordination and challenging schedules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- This is a fully onsite position requiring about 10-20% travel and flexibility for shifts systems as needed to support IOT/Field testing.
- Previous experience of 5G NR technology is preferred.
- Familiarity with US IOT/Certification/field testing procedure is a plus.
- Preferred degrees in Electronics, Communication, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications