- Project Management
- Scrum master
- Open Workbench
- Team Foundation Server
Digital Technology Solutions (DTS) is looking for Scrum Master for a long term contract with our direct client Position in Detroit, MI
- Facilitates the sizing of stories during the planning sprint, backlog grooming, or sprint planning sessions for the team.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with business owners, product owners, project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies for 1-2 teams.
- Uses historical velocity and planned velocity to assist team with commitments
- Works with the project sponsor and product owner to determine staffing requirements.
- Assist with identifying which resources need to be procured outside the organization. o Involves team in identifying and removing impediments and known risks through analysis and prioritization o Maintains risk register and escalates where needed
- Utilizes standardized tools and techniques for estimating costs associated with a project including physical, financial and human capital costs.
- Continuously monitors the actual cost of a project versus the budget.
- Reviews expenditures and evaluates factors that may potentially cause cost changes. Conducts in-depth root cause analysis of project budget discrepancies.
- Effectively utilizes progress indicators such as burn-down and burn-up charts.
- Utilizes the team definition of done to guide the team during their sprint commitments.
- Ensures scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues are effectively communicated to the client and project team.
- Looks for opportunities to teach and mentor the team.
- Guides the team by providing meaningful feedback.
- Effectively facilitates retrospectives to pull actionable changes for the team.
- Conducts formal review with business sponsor at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Tracks and measures client satisfaction levels and make and implement recommendations.
- Generates appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change while facilitating identification and removal of obstacles to change.
Experience & Knowledge Essential
- Minimum of 3-5 years of ScrumMaster experience
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM or related certification strongly preferred
- 3+ years of information technology experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years managing projects
- Thorough understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Experience working with both agile and waterfall methodologies on large scale, technically complex projects.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Data driven analysis skills for measuring and managing delivery.
- Experience with relevant business software (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, Team Foundation Server). Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server Agile, Jira or similar tool.
- Controls a program level view and status and uses the information in Clarity/Open Workbench to communicate on multiple projects and programs at a time.
- Able to use Clarity/Open Workbench tool to determine how the intersection of multiple projects and programs impacts the department.
- Able to use the Clarity/Open Workbench tool develop departmental budgets. o Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate.
Digital Technology Solutions