We are currently looking for a Senior Network Architect to work with one of our clients in Chicago.
Candidates must be local to the Chicagoland area. This position offers some remote work but you will be required to go to the Data Center in Chicago as well as an office in Lincolnshire as needed.
No third party candidates. Sponsorship cannot be provided for this position.
As a Network Architect, you will be responsible for all aspects of the network, from high-level design, to building and configuring devices, and installing and managing equipment in the data centers. You will be the driving force behind the decisions relevant to network reliability, performance, and security. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values quality and speed, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue to improve.
- Design, propose and implement full network architecture projects
- Create, Configure and Manage LAN/WAN
- Configure and deploy network hardware and software including firewalls, load balancers, switches and routers
- Monitor Network Performance
- Manage Network Security
- Manage DNS
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or comparable experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Network Administrator
- Extensive experience analyzing, planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and enhancing systems and networks
- Strong understanding of network routing protocols
- Thorough knowledge of both physical and logical components of enterprise networks
- Experience installing and configuring firewalls, routers, switches, and load balancers
- Experience with system monitoring platforms and proactive network monitoring
- Strong knowledge of intrusion detection systems and intrusion/malware prevention
- Experience designing and configuring both point-to-point and remote access VPNs
- Required travel to the Data Center in Chicago as well as a Lincolnshire office as needed
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Advanced Networking Certifications (A+, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, etc.)
- Familiarity with PRTG, Pingdom, or similar tools
- Experience with Check Point and Cisco ASA firewalls
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and penetration testing tools
- Experience implementing and configuring BGP
- Strong knowledge of advanced DNS, including DMARC, DKIM, and SFP related issues