Job Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Farmington Hills, MI / Hybrid
This position of Engineering Manager is responsible for leading, managing and controlling all of TPL / Resident Engineering team’ activities with the objective of the automotive switch products.
- Lead the engineering projects and programs and report the status to the regional hub lead, PM and others.
- Planning of the engineering tasks/ deliverables according to our clients process based upon the project or program timeline given by the PM.
- Ensure alignment with engineering application manager (or Application Lead) and program manager.
- Manage the engineering project team, manage the tasks of the different members of the engineering project or program team including all disciplines.
- Build the project team together and in alignment with the regional leads of the technical disciplines (SE/HW/SW/MD). The staffing needs will be done by the engineering lead, TPLM will request resources acc.to the CQR document.
- Single customer point of contact regarding all technical issues of the project (timeline, deliverables, gates, designs, requirements, prototypes and related technical aspects with the projects or programs).
- Make sure that the guidelines/platforms (from the CPAs) are applied in the application projects or programs.
- Ensure the conduction of design reviews for each application project, with the attendance of the chief product architect, the responsible senior engineering supervisor and the application manager responsible to release the design.
- Ensure that the product design is using the maximum standardized solutions given by the CPA. Drive the standardization as much as possible. Keep the exceptions from the guidelines/platforms at the minimum, discuss the necessary exceptions with the chief product architect.
- Support of sales for RFQs/ECRs and technical presentations.
- Escalate issues to the Engineering supervisor, Customer Projects Manager or application manager as appropriate.
- Manage communication, relationship and interface with the customer’s engineering departments.
Experience and skill requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Fundamental technical knowledge based on at least a bachelor university degree
- 7+ years of work experience in the Automotive field
- 3+ years of Leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of automotive product, manufacturing and engineering
- High level of analytical ability and negotiation skill, strategic competence.
- Ability coach staff to set up short-term practice plans, review and consolidate the submitted plans in order to ensure the department goal meets the company’s targets.