- Perl Programming
Years of Experience: 5 years
Education Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required.
Program Description: Create an end-to-end management perspective to ensure proper compliance and oversight of GI Bill programs, and the use of data and business intelligence to monitor and measure school and student outcomes.
Position Description: Design, build and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements.
- A Developer must have experience in analyzing customer needs and developing overall concept and design objectives.
- The developer must be able to create software in a variety of programming and for a variety of IT software applications.
- Must have experience in debugging and correcting errors in computer programs.
- 3+ years PERL development UI/Backend/Full Stack experience
- Object oriented Perl Programming/scripts with PostgreSQL Database
- Bootstrap js
- Good team communication skills
- Must be able to work an Eastern Standard time schedule
- Previous experience with VA and working on VA legacy systems for Education Service
- Open Source Request Tracker experience a plus
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Team Work: Able to enthuse and maintain project interest. Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
- Quantitative Management: Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
SES provides a competitive salary and the following benefits:
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off