The IT Business Analyst is responsible for planning, testing, and supporting the software and tools (including Colleague, Slate, PowerFAIDS eREzLife, Maxient, Medicat and other approved third-party software, ie OnBase) used to support mission critical administrative functions in their designated functional area(s).
- Serves in a consultant role and provides customer service to their functional area(s) and is part of the ITS cross-functional team of functional lead analysts, each with respective functional area responsibilities.
- Helps their area(s) to better identify, understand and address departmental needs. This position will be supporting Strategic Enrollment and Student Experience.
- Becomes the “resident expert” on business practices and technology usage to optimize the use of SLATE, PowerFAIDS, Colleague, eRezLife, Maxient, Medicat and other tools in automating end-to-end processes. Assumes role of liaison to ITS for new projects and operational software and procedural issues.
- In collaboration with ITS leadership and stakeholders, determines
project priorities. Responsible for evaluating, determining impact, testing and
deployment of software updates and new functionality and communicating to
- Plans, monitors, implements, deploys and assesses Strategic Enrollment
- Ensures coordinated effort for new projects, from
requirements to integration.
- Demonstrates hands-on expertise in the use of ad hoc query and reporting
tools, assists in developing and maintaining queries & reports in support of
- In coordination with ITS development staff, develops
and maintains computer processes required for daily operations, special
projects, and statistical information.
- Addresses technology issues that may arise within Strategic Enrollment and
Student Experience. In conjunction with Strategic Enrollment and Student
Experience and ITS leadership, “scans the horizon” for new technology
trends in their business area. Serves as initial point of contact to assess and
triage technical issues within the division.
- Elicits, analyzes and documents business requirements as new processes
are introduced and automated. Proactively identifies opportunities for
improvement and automation of existing processes.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Systems or in any field with
professional experience pertinent to role.
- 2-4 years or more of progressive experience in business analysis and data stewardship and
- Familiarity with reporting tools (e.g.Tableau, Informer,) and SQL programming.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and or GSuite.
- Exceptional organizational skills and be able to attend to and prioritize projects.
- Ability to successfully manage interpersonal working relationships. As appropriate,
collaborate with staff in other units and divisions to achieve the goals of the College.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Handles confidential information sensitively and appropriately.
- Experience in Higher Ed environment a plus
- Experience with student related data and processes a plus
- Familiarity with Ellucian’s Colleague software or equivalent ERP a plus.
- Familiarity with PowerFAIDS and Financial Aid processes a plus
- Familiarity with SLATE and Admissions processes a plus
This is a hybrid position 2 days on campus and 3 days remote, following successful on-boarding.
Nazareth College is an equal employment opportunity employer. The College does not permit discrimination or harassment in its programs and activities on the basis of race including traits historically associated with race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision making, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information or predisposing characteristic, military or veteran status, political affiliation or belief, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, marital status, familial status, or any other protected status under applicable law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in its educational, extracurricular, athletic or other programs or in the context of employment.