Associate Principal, Software Engineering: DevOps
SALARY: $130k - $160k plus 15% bonus
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
HYBRID 3 DAYS IN OFFICE / 2 DAYS REMOTE
OPEN TO H1B
Looking for a candidate with DevOps, Kubernetes, AWS, Python, CI/CD, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory Docker Compose, K8’s Kafka RabbitMQ Amazon Kinesis Splunk Monitoring Terraform Ansible Jenkins Helm Restful APIs etc
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Enable development teams to self-service build and deployment processes through process automation.
- Design and implement process improvements across the build, deployment, and monitoring of Clearing applications.
- Support the maintenance and configuration of development environments in Kubernetes and AWS.
- Develop and support terraform, ansible, Harness, and Jenkins jobs used to instantiate and manage development environments.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Understanding of Kanban and/or Agile methodologies
- Able to succeed in fast-paced environment with frequent changes
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-starter – takes the initiative to research, learn and deliver
- Team player – humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds
- Programming/scripting experience in languages like Java, Bash, Python or Go is required.
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools (examples - GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Compose, K8s).
- Java development experience is desirable.
- Experience with distributed message brokers like Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrations is required.
- Experience preferred with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc.
- Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers like Amazon, Google, etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics. Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc. is required.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON RPC. Experience following Git workflows.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in building large scale, data-centric solutions
- 3+ years of experience (recent) participating on a DevOps team or as product owner for DevOps team