American Management Association (AMA) is a global leader in professional development and training. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including classroom and virtual seminars, webcasts, webinars, corporate and government solutions, and research. Organizations worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 500, turn to AMA as their trusted partner in professional development.
AMA is looking for an Application Engineer who programs, tests, and debugs technical solutions for business problems according to specifications in order to provide new functionality or to enhance existing functionality. In addition to coding, the Application Engineer troubleshoots reported application problems.
The role interfaces with business users and IT management regarding project status and user needs to promote an environment of user cooperation and satisfaction. The Application Engineer position will be located at 1601 Broadway, New York, NY.
- Assist in developing technical specifications and designs for proposed applications
- Develop processes and applications for integrating functionality between web applications and various back-office systems using integration services such as Tibco Scribe, MuleSoft etc.
- Troubleshoot user issues and deliver solutions
- Design, code, test, and implement quality integrations, configurations, and software solutions software solutions for systems maintenance, new development, and reports
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, SQL Server SSIS, .Net, C#, Web Services, Web Hooks are desired.
- Monitor/address/maintain trouble tickets assigned
- Support third-party licensee relationships with system integrations
- Other related duties as assigned
- BS in computer related discipline, or equivalent work experience or technical training required
- Multiple technical environments
- Batch scripts, testing, and troubleshooting
- System analysis and design
- System and technical documentation
- Troubleshooting techniques, file access methods, and database concepts
- Object-oriented design and object-oriented programming
- One or more specific programming languages and use of one or more operating systems
- Business writing concepts and presentation techniques
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with a high degree of initiative
An EEO/AA Employer, M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans - an ADA compliance organization