- embedded engineering
- Micro Digital SMX RTOS
Please, no third parties. Permanent residents only.
This is an onsite job in San Jose, CA and there is no relocation assistance available.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Embedded software design and development of real time diagnostic and interface applications.
- Systems software design, analysis, and development of real time embedded diagnostic applications on handheld platforms in the automotive industry including user interface controls across multiple platforms.
- Identification, selection and development of high-performance peripheral drivers in use across touchscreen, USB, mass storage devices, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi platforms.
- Work alongside hardware engineering teams to produce platform solutions for the global market.
- Technical interface support between embedded platform development activities and Windows based platform development activities to insure commonality of functional capabilities.
- Development and maintenance of project schedules, associated development documentation, and global release of all products.
- Collaborating with global engineering staff in the development of products applicable to all clients’ markets.
- Project management responsibilities for selected projects.
- Cross functional team collaboration with applications engineers in areas of innovative software solutions for vehicle specific functions and issues.
- Development and execution of applications validation and testing.
- Technical analysis and comparison of diagnostic platforms and tools available on the market.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with firmware development.
- Fluency in C and C++.
- Real time embedded systems development experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- ARM or ColdFire development experience.
- Previous automotive or handheld software development experience.
- UI development on embedded platforms for the commercial market.
- Automotive communication protocols such as CAN, DoIP, etc.
- Experience with IAR Embedded Workbench development tool set.
- Embedded graphical interface development with C/PEG and Embedded Wizard.
- Development experience with Micro Digital SMX RTOS and other embedded OS’s.
- Windows App and/or C# development experience.
tags: senior software engineer, senior embedded engineer, senior sw engineer, senior electrical engineer, senior software developer, senior programmer analyst