Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (Electrical Engineering Degree, P&ID, Electrical Systems & instrumentation Configuration, Control System Design, Control System Networks, AutoCAD, PLC, HMI Configuration Software) in Arvada, CO
POSITION: Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (Electrical Engineering Degree, P&ID, Electrical Systems & instrumentation Configuration, Control System Design, Control System Networks, AutoCAD, PLC, HMI Configuration Software) in
LOCATION: Arvada, CO
DURATION: Full-Time Permanent
SALARY: Excellent compensation with benefits + Bonus + 401K
SKILLS: Electrical Engineering Degree, P&ID (Piping and Instrumentation Diagram), Electrical Systems & instrumentation Configuration, Control System Design & Control System Networks, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, PLC Programs, HMI Configuration Software
Seeking Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to be based in Arvada, CO.
The Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer will join the Controls Engineering Team and will be responsible for all electrical and instrumentation on our products. These engineered-to-order systems are installed in refineries, petrochemical plants, and power stations throughout the world. This position is based in Arvada, CO.
- Performs basic instrumentation and control system engineering tasks and calculations under the direction and supervision of a Staff E&IC Engineer.
- Performs specification research.
- Assists in development of technical documents
- Assists in the development of P&ID's (Piping and Instrumentation Diagram) and associated I/O
- Design of Junction boxes and control panels.
- As experience is gained, the position will grow to include the development of PLC programs, HMI configuration, control system design and control system networks.
- Carry out panel test and verification with or without customer witnessing.
- Works as part of a team on design projects.
- Develops and improves technical knowledge and skills.
- Maintains professionalism in relationships with other office and team members.
- Plans what needs to be communicated and how to present the information effectively.
- Seeks out company and client technical standards and implements them on projects.
- Some travel to customer sites; kickoff meetings, design reviews, HAZOP (Hazard and Operability) analysis, and field support
- Understanding of basic P&ID diagrams.
- Capable of configuration and specification of electrical systems and instrumentation for hazardous areas.
- Ability to focus on details and meet project schedules.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Control system design & control system networks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- Candidates with knowledge in automation of industrial equipment will be given priority
- AutoCAD & AutoCAD Electrical experience is desired but not required
- Previous hands on experience in a role as an electrician or instrument technician is a PLUS
- Working knowledge of NFPA70 (NEC), IEC, IECEx, ATEX, CSA, ISA and UL standards.
- Development of PLC Programs
- HMI Configuration Software
- Working knowledge of MS Office – Visio, PowerPoint