Help DeskHelp Desk SupportComputer ScienceManagement Information SystemsIT supportWindows Operating SystemsWindowshardware and softwarehardwarecomputerstechnical problemstechnical issuestroubleshoottechnical assistanceMS WindowsInformation Systems
DataStaff, Inc. is seeking an IT Help Desk Support Specialist for a direct-hire opportunity with one of our direct clients in Greensboro, NC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offboarding/termination user computers by restoring system to base configuration, upgrade to current standards and prepare for redeployment.
- Onboard new employees by connecting the computers physical components and configuring the operating system to access the network which may include upgrading the hardware and software. Determine which software, tools and access rights new hires need based on business divisions systems requirements.
- Serve as the point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance through our helpdesk ticketing system.
- Direct New Tickets to the appropriate IT support resource.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Respond to tickets either in person, email or over the phone.
- Provide technical assistance, support and resolution for tickets, queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, upgrade, build and repair computer hardware and software.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Provide accurate information and recommendations on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in helpdesk system.
- Follow-up with users and update status and information in helpdesk.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and make recommendations on procedure improvements.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Educate and/or train users on basic functionality and navigation on their computer systems.
- Maintain technical documentation and service catalog on installation of software, configuration of hardware and problem troubleshooting.
- Being at work and on time is important to this position because the duties of this job are completed daily. Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all employees.
- Resourcefulness and quick-thinking nature to troubleshoot new and critical technical issues as they arise.
- Ability to deploy, configure, upgrade, and support operating systems on desktop and mobile devices.
- Understanding and appreciation for information security within systems and user devices.
- Strong drive to provide excellent customer service and experience, with an awareness of prioritization of tasks, and time.
- Must be proficient with a computer hardware and windows operating systems.
- Previous working experience as an IT Help Desk Technician or Specialists for 2+ year(s).
- Tech savvy with a strong working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote support.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other technology products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an IT help desk support specialist or systems administrator.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends to perform system updates and upgrades.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid logical conclusion.
- Ability to spell correctly and input numbers correctly.
- Knowledge of MS Windows Operating Systems, computer components and network protocols.
- Familiar with MS O365 – Exchange, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Travel between office locations maybe required.
Required Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Relevant Work Experience.
This position is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package.