Two Reliability Engineers (Engineering Degree [Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical], Continuous Process Industry, Kraft Pulp Manufacturing) in Vanceboro, North Carolina
5 to 10 Years
POSITION: Two Reliability Engineers (Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical), Continuous Process Industry, Kraft Pulp Manufacturing) in Vanceboro, NC
LOCATION: Vanceboro, NC (onsite Position)
DURATION: Full Time Onsite Position
SALARY: Excellent Compensation with Benefits + Relocation + 401K
SKILLS: Engineering Degree (Mechanical Chemical or Electrical), Continuous Process Industry, Kraft Pulp Manufacturing, ASME, NBIC, API codes, OSHA, Precision Measurement Tools
For our global client, we are aggressively searching for Two "Reliability Engineers" for onsite positions to be based in Vanceboro, NC.
- Drive Culture of Reliability that focuses on systems of Manufacturing Work Systems, Training and Deliberate Improvement.
- Analyze chronic equipment failures and high maintenance/cost equipment.
- Utilize root cause failure analysis on mechanical equipment failures.
- Develop and implement solutions to prevent repeat failures.
- Analyze maintenance-related downtime weekly to fully understand the source of the downtime and ensure appropriate level of response is taken to eliminate repeat issues.
- Provide technical “go to” support in solving day-to-day production and maintenance problems
- Champion the preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Maintain Mechanical Integrity program and procedures for Process Safety Management
- Provide input to area maintenance budgets for major maintenance items and optimizations
- Analyze financial service cost vs. target and address equipment not delivering targeted cost performance.
- Develop long term maintenance plan for rotating equipment, rebuilds and major maintenance
- Estimate, plan and manage maintenance projects to budget for routine work, quarterly outages and major outages.
- Provide capital and expense project design, development and execution
- Provide contractor work management and coordination for routine and major shutdown jobs per mill standards using best engineering practices
- Ensure effective utilization and integrity of the CMMS system (SAP) for sustaining effective maintenance practices and equipment improvements
- Be a champion for an injury-free work place
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering or 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of Engineering experience in Continuous Process Industry preferably Kraft Pulp Manufacturing
- Knowledge and experience in Maintenance Best Practices
- Working knowledge of ASME, NBIC and API codes and OSHA regulations
- Extensive knowledge of rotating equipment, pressure vessels, piping systems, and atmospheric storage tanks
- Use of precision measurement tools and assembly techniques
- Able to teach others
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work within a diverse organization
- Able to work in a high-performance team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational and planning skills, facilitations skills, and the ability to achieve results through others
- Good computer skills, SAP skills preferred
- Willingness to work extended hours, particularly during scheduled outages
- Preferred experience in Power/Utility/Recovery Area operations and processes
YOUR PREFERRED COMPETENCIES:
- Action Oriented
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Peer Relationships
- Learning on the Fly
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Drive for results
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Technical & functional skills
The Benefits You Will Enjoy:
Benefits package that includes health, welfare and retirement plans including Medical, Dental, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-term and Long-term Disability, 401(k), Company-funded retirement contributions, Paid Time Off, Education & Development (including Tuition Reimbursement), Student Loan Repayment Assistance, and Voluntary Benefits including insurance for home, auto, vision and pets.
- This position provides leadership training and promotional opportunities within the global company.