NexusTek is a U.S based, managed IT service provider to small and medium sized organizations. We excel in tackling the complexities of IT, such as cloud services, cyber-security, document management, data back-up and protection, and more.
Our mission is to take away technology headaches allowing our clients to focus on their core business.
NexusTek’s 300 employees span 35+ states to service our growing client base. We have physical offices in Denver, Irvine, and Boston.
May require up to 20-25% travel within OC and Los Angeles
Work from home or our Irvine office when not on-site with a client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position requires expertise and the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot with the following technologies:
- Enterprise Networking Components (Firewalls, Wireless, Switching L2/L3, Routers)
- Enterprise Server Components
- Enterprise Storage Components (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Microsoft Systems including but not limited to Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, and Remote Desktop Services
- Enterprise virtualization systems (VMware, Microsoft)
The role is for an engineer that is primarily tasked with delivering projects through our professional services organization. Assigned projects can range between 5-15 projects ranging in size from 8 hours to over 100 hours.
- An essential component of the role is the ability to communicate with all project stake holders effectively and proactively.
- The position requires the engineer to follow a statement of work and complete all tasks within the statement of work.
- The position requires the engineer to work either directly with customer contacts or with project management resources.
- The engineer should be able to develop detailed project plans, including identifying all major milestones, risks and user impacting events.
- Consult with technical and business partners and serve as a consulting resource to support client-hosted installations and implementations.
- Support escalation incidents and support on-call duty requirements.
- Interface with internal clients such as sales, service and field staff as well as external clients to define deliverables.
- The position requires a passion for thorough documentation of all technical systems and relevant configuration.
The candidate must possess a relevant combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions. In addition, the candidate must have experience with all or most of the following applications:
- Enterprise Networking Components (Firewalls, Wireless, Switching L2/L3, Routers) for these vendors:
- Enterprise Server Components for these vendors:
- Enterprise Storage Components (SAN, NAS, DAS) for these vendors:
- HPE MSA and Nimble
- Microsoft Systems including the following:
- Active Directory
- Remote Desktop Services
- Enterprise virtualization systems including the following:
- VMware – vCenter / ESXi
- Hyper-V (Stand Alone and Clustered)
Pay and Benefits
- 4-weeks accrued paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision options
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Discretionary annual 401K match plan
- $120k - $135k annually based on experience, skill set, and certifications
- Employee referral bonus plan
- Access to Pluralsight, ADP Learning, and the NexusTek Technical Academy
- We’re happy to provide our full benefits guide at any point in the process!
Interview Process - Typical interview process for this role:
Application Stage - Thanks for showing interest!
- Submit your application
- Complete the Culture Index Survey offered in the application steps (link to survey also provided below)
- Culture Index is offered in 30 languages - select in your native language!
- Culture Index Link Systems Engineer (Projects):
Screening Stage - Let's get to know each other!
- Our recruiters carefully consider each application. If you are selected to move forward, we will contact you for the introductory screening
- 20 min Recruiter screening to introduce you to NexusTek and get to know what motivates you
Interview Stage - We’ll dive into your experience more in depth
- One-hour technical interview with the hiring manager (virtual)
- 30 minute follow-up interview with the VP, Professional Resources and or other team members (virtual)
- References – 3 professional references at least one direct supervisor
- You are welcome to request additional conversations with team members you didn’t get to meet during the process
NexusTek provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
NexusTek participates in E-Verify for all US Employees