Clover Consulting has a direct client in Grand Rapids, MI in need of a Software Engineer for the Supply Chain/Transportation IT group. The position can be direct hire OR Contract to Hire and they will sponsor. HYBRID is preferred, but REMOTE will be considered for the right candidate. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
The job details are below. Qualified candidates please provide resume. Thank you.
On the Supply Chain Transportation IT team, Our mission is to improve the operational effectiveness of our Transportation End Users by providing them the right solution at the right time. This allows them to focus on their primary job of caring for our customers and each other.
As a member of our team, you will have an opportunity to practice your craft by Designing, Building the next generation of solutions as well as play a key part in maintaining a broad suite of world class applications we currently support.
The successful candidate will have a personal drive for excellence; a demonstrated commitment to the practice of their craft; excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
This role is responsible for Innovation, Design, Creation and maintenance of software solutions within the Transportation domain. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Designs software or customizes software to optimize operational efficiency. Provides technical leadership for projects.
A Senior Software Engineer must perform the detailed responsibilities listed below.
What you will do:
- Create solutions which help achieve Company, Department and team objectives of growth, sustainability and cost reduction.
- Maintain existing systems, ensuring their continued business and technology relevance.
- Observe and enforce quality standards, ensuring accuracy, reliability and optimal performance.
- Leads or participates in,
- Requirements analysis;
- Solution design;
- Decompose work for Agile implementation;
- Develop estimates for planning purposes;
- Solution development according to specifications and coding standards.
- Coordinate development efforts with on-site or offshore teams;
- Mentor other Software Professionals in the practice of their Crafts;
- Perform software system maintenance, support and requirement analysis;
- Provide adhoc support for 3rd party software applications;
- Participate in After Hours support and Disaster Recovery rehearsal events;
Required for this position:
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in Computer Science
- 5 yrs experience custom software application development
- Experience Mentoring and Leading other software engineers
- Experience Creating, Maintaining implementation specs
- Experience in System Analysis and Design
- Superior communication skills
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience implementing applications using Responsive Design
- Experience with fundamentals of DevOps
- Experience with Java, SQL, Angular, React, PWA, Spring
- Experience deploying to Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with BigData and Data Analytics