- Permanent position for a Hardware Engineer to maintain existing products and be a key participant in extending the product offering.
- Lead or support design activities, as assigned, from conception into production, working with cross-functional teams.
- Create functional & technical specifications from conceptual input.
- Design product family architecture.
- Determine / develop communication protocols.
- Develop / build functional prototypes.
- Design embedded hardware.
- Some development of embedded software/ firmware engineering.
- Create circuit designs, schematics, circuit layout.
- Specify PCB hardware.
- Design & develop embedded firmware and develop software for PC-based ad mobile Apps.
- Design validation & [development / production / supplier] test processes.
- Debugging of hardware & software.
- Support other members of hardware engineering team
- Develop / maintain production test processes (automated where feasible).
- Create bills of material, other product documentation as needed.
- BS Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with PCB layout.
- Experience with schematics and prototyping.
- Experience with microcontroller design.
- Experience with hardware, software, firmware development, troubleshooting, debugging.
- Experience with standard interfaces (USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc.).
- Prior experience working as hardware engineer.
- Familiar with data communications protocols.
- Experience with digital, analog and power circuits.
- Strong troubleshooting skills using test equipment.
- Experience with test design (verification / validation, production).