- Project management
- portfolio management
- program management
InfoTech Resources is assisting our client in their search for a Project Portfolio Manager. This is senior level role in the insurance business, specifically with underwriting. This is also a hybrid work situation, so you would need to be in the Chicago office 2 times per week. You would be responsible for facilitating the prioritization and management of cross-functional projects and programs. Along with that will include alignment of strategy and execution process by applying lean and systems thinking approaches to strategy and governance.
They need a transformational leader with a strategic perspective, to foster greater awareness, alignment, and more effective coordination of the priorities and resources throughout the business. The individual will be expected to identify issues and resolve problems by leveraging their influence, negotiation, and collaborative workstyle. This individual will have an acute attention to detail, and the dedication to guide projects to successful completion.
- Work in an evolving, fast paced environment, while being relentlessly focused on our clients’ needs relative to organizational strategy.
- Serving as a strategic thought partner influencing business strategy and priorities.
- Ensuring cross-portfolio collaboration and effectively communicating to diverse audiences. High levels of communication and organizational skills are required, as well as the ability to interact effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Provide transparency into a broad and complex portfolio of projects and programs by compiling documentation to monitor, track, and prioritize projects.
- Develop and support PMO governance standards.
- Effectively facilitate meetings using reporting tools and dashboards to enable standard portfolio performance reporting. Work closely with the various RSUM stakeholders to enable sustainable pace within the portfolio.
- Oversee analysis of business opportunities. Ensure all work has a priority established and is within the capacity of the organization. Report portfolio performance and achievement of key results to executive leadership team.
- Oversee project stakeholder commitment in securing actualization of projected project benefits.
- Ensure systems are in place to capture cost/benefit comparisons and report actual benefits relative to intended benefits.
- Maintain knowledge of internal and external practices related to project and portfolio management practices and frameworks and resource capacity planning.
- Provide oversight for project planning and work with project managers and resource owners to determine deadlines, task prioritization, and assigning of team members to various deliverables.
- Monitor and update resource allocation needs to ensure coverage on project tasks.
- Work with the project teams to develop project requirements, budgets, and project milestones.
- Proactively identify program risks and work with project managers to define mitigation plans to minimize impact on deliverables.
- Analyze and report on financial data, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation.
- Present monthly project portfolio reviews to the senior management and report out on scope, schedule, risk, costs, issues, etc.
- Schedule and document meeting notes as necessary to support project portfolio.
- Coach teams and remove impediments.
- Facilitate outcomes in a virtual environment.
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management, or a related field is required.
- Minimum 7+ years of project management experience that includes successful delivery of large, complex, projects spanning both business processes and technology solutions required.
- Minimum of 4+ years in a portfolio manager role required.
- PMP certification strongly preferred.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills, and experience with managing senior stakeholders.
- Significant analytical expertise that enables you to measure the impact of your projects and programs to facilitate data driven decision making.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and motivated to take the driver’s seat when roles and responsibilities are not clearly defined.
- Experienced in working within a complex matrix structured organization in a virtual environment.
- Strong communication skills that allow you to manage potential conflicts, by easily deescalating them with your tact.
- Must enjoy performing in an invigorating, fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and managing tight timelines and deliverables across multiple projects and teams while staying true to business values and culture.
- Significant knowledge of and experience with various project management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Professional knowledge of Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, JIRA, and Planner