- Computer Science
- React Native
We are looking for a full-time Sr. UI Solutions Architect- Web/Mobile. This role is open to remote candidates in the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, and Utah.
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: NUS) is a global beauty and wellness company, powered by a dynamic affiliate opportunity platform. We help people look, feel and live their best with products that combine the best of science, technology and nature. Backed by more than 35 years of scientific research, Nu Skin develops innovative products including Nu Skin® personal care, Pharmanex® nutrition and the ageLOC® anti-aging brand which includes an award-winning line of beauty device systems. Nu Skin operates in approximately 50 markets worldwide in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Pacific. Nu Skin is committed to sustainability, including global initiatives such as transitioning to reduced and sustainable packaging for all products by 2030. Our Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation strives to improve children’s health, education and economic circumstances throughout the world. We promote a culture of being a "force for good" in the world, along with our commitment to provide a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment for both personal and professional growth. Nu Skin is a certified Most Loved Workplace® and was also named to the Forbes list of the “World’s Top Female-Friendly Employers” in 2021 and to the list of “America’s Best Employers” in 2022.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Technical leadership role including architecting front-end experience, IoT, Mobile, Web, and Enterprise applications such as CRM, Analytics, Visualization etc.
- Creation and maintenance of components of the “blueprint” documentation that clearly describes the architectural vision and the architectural roadmap to deliver
- Work closely with Business and Technology Stakeholders, Product Owners, Digital initiative leaders and development teams, through development of trusted professional relationships, to drive technology investments for the future.
- Communication via a variety of approaches in order to ensure all stakeholders understand the architecture, from business stakeholders through to developers
- Safeguarding the Digital Architecture designs adhering to relevant legislation and standards, including, for example, quality, security and data protection legislation
- Support innovation through Proofs of Concept (POC) and take ownership of the demonstration of the value of solutions from end to end to the growth of business and convert those prototypes into full blown enterprise front end experience solutions.
- Lead front end experience application development and infrastructure to high architectural standards with corresponding reference architectures, standards, guidelines, best practices.
- Leading performance optimization and recommending system capacity changes.
- Responding to production incidents and availability needs
- Contribute to the practice of Enterprise Architecture and its evolution with leveraging process, people, and technology changes.
- Facilitating and documenting artifacts during the Enterprise Architecture processes.
- Providing thought leadership, training, and mentoring of our engineering teams on reliability practices, processes, and technologies.
- Participating in an off-hours on-call rotation
FOR THIS ROLE, YOU WILL NEED:
- A keen understanding of the rapidly changing consumer trends in the digital space
- A strong architect mind-set, technology investment paradigm, ability to work with business and technology teams and tailor presentations to suit audience.
- Think out-of-the-box for finding simple yet effective solutions
- Strong experience in driving architecture and technology choices for the front-end experience products.
- Design and Development of complex front-end experience applications using React Native, TypeScript, and current state management libraries (e.g. Redux, MobX, etc). Expertise in both Android and iOS platforms, web sockets and RESTful APIs.
- Be comfortable in deep-dive technical workshops and in senior stakeholder presentations.
- Ability to lead and mentor a group of developers/engineers.
- Passion for service excellence and for delivering high quality user experience.
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done.
- Capable of using professional judgment and facilitating/making timely decisions while dealing with uncertainties & inadequate information.
- Proficient with software development for both cloud & front-end experience applications.
- Strong understanding & experience with Design patterns, Data Structures
- Familiarity with RESTful and GraphQL APIs to connect front end experience applications with back-end services
- Demonstrable capability to use OS frameworks for multi-threading, data persistence, and adapting user interface across multiple screen sizes
- Experience with developing custom UIs, animations, and designing customer journeys.
- Familiarity with ad integration, cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Developed a culture of benchmarking and optimization
- Well versed with code versioning tools such as Git and continuous integration
- Comfortable working in agile product development environment, building from scratch and continuously improving it.
- A flexible schedule – some activities you'll be performing may require off-hours or weekend support
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Bachelors’ Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of building large scale enterprise applications, 3+ years with front end experience applications
- 5+ years of experience with architectural patterns, building APIs, microservices, event streams, and high throughput systems
- 10+ years of influencing leadership in the fields of information management
- 5+ years of working in the AWS ecosystem
HELPFUL TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
- Experience with cloud application configuration, SAAS application architecture
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean environment
- Experience with testing of front-end experience apps
Our Benefits & Perks:
You will be part of an engaged, inclusive, global community that values family, giving back, beauty, and sustainability. We offer competitive benefits to eligible employees with comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage; supplemental life, short-term, and disability insurance; free access to health coaches, therapists, and an onsite fitness center; a health savings account & 401k with company match; an incentive bonus program; and access to our top-quality beauty & wellness products. You'll also be empowered to prioritize what's important to you through flexible work arrangements and a generous vacation policy. Thinking about expanding your family? We have generous maternity and paternity leave too.
We are committed to seeking, developing, and empowering diverse individuals and perspectives. We seek to be a global community where every employee and consumer knows and feels they belong. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and success at Nu Skin is independent of race, age, gender orientation, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing an application or participating in an interview because of a disability, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at